Pokemon Moon low CPU usage

Pokemon moon never uses the entirety of any core:

I like to think I can fix most things on my own but I have hit a wall here. After the game boots up it runs great until I go outside. From a bit of googling I see that the outsides are vastly more demanding than the insides and so I might expect worse performance, and from the same googling I see that the game is a single core kinda thing.

I’m running a 6600K overclocked at 4.06 GHz and after viewing the impact the game has on my cores I see that none of them even comes close to maxing out. In fact none of them even hit the 50% mark as far as I can tell. Is this an optimization issue or is there something I can do? I tried changing the configuration to show only critical messages in the command window that runs with the game but that only adds maybe 3% speed.

The console gets absolutely hammered with the “Render.OpenGL video_core\renderer_opengl\renderer_opengl.cpp:DebugHandler:472: API OTHER 65536: Framebuffer unsupported. Framebuffer object 3 is unsupported because the depth and stencil attachments are mismatched.” the second I get outside so I’m pretty sure that is the problem but I can’t seem to find anything about this particular issue so I’m hoping you have some answers.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • CPU: Intel i5-6600K @3.5GHz
  • GPU: NVIDEA
  • Citra Version: Latest bleeding edge(e29e1f6) but I tried out some older builds and had the same problem. e29e1f6
  • Game: Pokemon Moon

Log:

https://pastebin.com/Z58b4UGc

Citra uses only one core. The % usage on all cores is because your computer is shifting the process constantly between cores. That looks like it has well and truely hit the bottleneck on one core.

The % usage on all cores is because your computer is shifting the process constantly between cores.

Why would it do that when no core ever goes over 50% usage for more than a frame?

We cannot control what your operating system does with Citra. Again, if you add up all the CPU usage from Citra, it will equal one core (with some overhead).

Again, if you add up all the CPU usage from Citra, it will equal one core (with some overhead).

I forced the emulator to run on one core, it maxed out but I noticed something. My log still gets absolutely spammed to hell with

“Render.OpenGL video_core\renderer_opengl\renderer_opengl.cpp:DebugHandler:472: API OTHER 65536: Framebuffer unsupported. Framebuffer object 3 is unsupported because the depth and stencil attachments are mismatched.”

every five or so milliseconds. Is there no chance that is some kind of error causing this?

How powerful a CPU do you need if 4 GHz isn’t enough?

I wouldn’t worry about the OpenGL warning. Citra is still in development, and frame drops can be expected even on the very best computers. More features for accuracy and speed are still in the works.

Thank you very much, you’ve been very informative and helpful.