Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire HD Texture Pack

Hello, guys.

This is the first texture pack I release ever. It took me a lot of work, but I’m happy with the results.

This pack will not turn the game into an HD remaster, but it will look a lot better on 2D elements (trainers portraits, HUD elements, map, menus, etc), folliage and will be free of pixelation and compression artifacts (environmental textures and pokémon textures).

It was made for Pokémon Omega Ruby Version 1.4, but it seems to work fine in other versions and even in Pokémon Alpha Sapphire.

Basically everything was upscaled, I was sure to make an almost complete save game. Non-upscaled textures are:

• Normal Maps (upscaling them creates lots of glitches in shadowing and I think it doesn’t make sense to upscale them anyway)

Subfolder organization:

hxkjmeb2ntw51

Tools Used:

• ESRGAN

• Image Enhancing Utility

• GIMP (manual edits)

• Waifu2x-Caffe (post-upscaling Noise Reduction)

• xBRZ Scaler Testing Tool (Battle Numbers & Symbols, DexNav and a few Folliage textures)

• Pokémon Global Link Artwork (Items)

ESRGAN Models Used:

• BC1-smooth2 (pre-upscaling compression removal)

• Manga109Attempt (Most textures)

• NMKD-Superscale-SP (Trainers Portraits)

• Rebound_Blend (Characters Sprites, Pokémon Sprites and items not covered by Global Link Artwork)

Total:

15.666 Textures

3,04 GB (extracted)

Download Link (Updated on 17/11/2020): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1urV_mEOEtpkqcsJ06rcqa77-TQevAbfk/view?usp=sharing

Comparison Screenshots (see in original size): https://imgur.com/a/i3JYwH9

3 Likes

Thanks bro, it’s more crispy looking, the quality is so much better.

1 Like

Could u just retexture alpha saphire main menu? This texture pack also works with alpha sapphire but main menu not looks good as omega ruby.

Is there a way to use this on android Citra? I don’t see “Use Custom Textures” options.

I don’t have alpha sapphire, can you dump the textures and send them to me?

I honestly don’t know, I’ve never used the android version.

I’ve tried using this pack, but I keep getting issues with the alpha’s breaking. Is there a way to stop this happening?
EDIT: Figured it out, I had to turn off the texture filter settings.