Pokemon Omega Ruby crashing mid-game, Mac

Issue:
Pokemon Omega Ruby crashes mid-game

System Information

• Operating System: MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2014)
  • Processor: 1.4 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5
  • Memory: 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Night;y 1559
  • Game: Pokemon Omega Ruby
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
citra_log.txt (4.7 KB)

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

citra_log.txt (85.9 KB)

how about this one?

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1559 HEAD-e6ad0d3
Operating System                              macOS 10.15
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4260U CPU @ 1.40GHz
Graphics API                                  OpenGL ?
Graphics Renderer                             Intel HD Graphics 5000 OpenGL Engine
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Shader JIT                                    [ ]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [x]

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

1 Like

Ivy Bridge & Haswell iGPUs have driver bugs so you might have to use Nightly 1392: https://github.com/citra-emu/citra-nightly/releases/tag/nightly-1392

what asset should i download?

Most likely citra-osx-20191214-ddb7ead.tar.gz then extract it and citra-osx-20191214-ddb7ead.tar that is inside somewhere, and start citra-qt at \citra-qt.app\Contents\MacOS\

Since I don’t have a mac I will have to show on Windows:

I simply extracted .tar.gz then the .tar file that was inside and then I could access citra-qt at this location shown in the third screenshot.

1 Like

Thanks! Will update you if the game will still crash

Hi! Citra 1392 doesnt crash, thank you!! However, it’s really slow compared to the latest version of citra. I can run the game at 100% in the latest version. while in 1392, it only runs at 50-70%. The only downside is the games crash mid-game while using the latest version. Do you have any tips to speed up 1392? or ways for the latest version (Citra canary 1773) not to crash? thank you!

Can’t have both I guess :confused: is Hardware Shader enabled on the older version?

When I enable it, the whole screen goes black sadly :frowning:

I see, yeah Separable Shader is broken on MacOS but that got “fixed”, however that was added after the Split Presentation Thread which is broken om your GPU due to a driver bug.

1 Like

Is there a way to remove or fix the bug?

You would basically need to make your own build where you revert Split Presentation Thread but add the Separable Shaders change.

This will ““fix”” over time when more people upgrade their computers. I haven’t seen anyone still using like a Pentium III machine in 2020 :stuck_out_tongue: