Pokemon omega ruby freezes on black screen when i catch pokemon with pokemon generator v1.4 cheat

Issue:

• After catching a pokemon using the pokemon generator cheat, the game freezes, and when trying to close citra or restarting the emulation etc., the titlebar shows ‘(not working)’
  • I already used the pokemon generator v1.4 succesfully. But once I tried it alongside ‘100% catch rate’, ‘always 3 star potential’ and ‘DexNav search level 100+’ and since then, when using the pokemon generator the game freezes on a black screen (transition from nicknaming to back to the open world). speed of the game drops to 0%, together with the FPS = 0
  • when turning all cheats off, the ‘DexNav search level 100+’ didn’t turn off with it. So now i always have a DexNav search with 100+ level even with the cheat enabled.
  • when deleting the CIA file to play on v1.0 and using that pokemon generator, it also doesn’t work. (the mechanism to decide what pokemon to encounter is available, but the pokemon that is set to encounter won’t be encountered even though the level of the pokemon that I encounter instead is correct)
  • i saved my game file in a folder, and tried if the issue was still the same on a new game. but there everything was fine. So i could perhaps start a new game, but I rather not, as I already had a lot of progress.
    (my computer settings are Dutch, so some words are in Dutch)

System Information

Diagnostic Log
citra_log.txt (3.7 MB)

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Canary 1827 HEAD-92c4ca3
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer                             Intel(R) HD Graphics 630
GPU Driver Version                            23.20.16.4973
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [ ]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [x]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• Enabling Accurate Multiplication is recomended in certain games. If you are experiencing graphical glitches, try enabling this option.
  • You have cheats enabled. This might cause weird behaviour or crashes. Please disable them and retest if your game is experiencing bugs or crashes.

OK, I found the solution yesterday. it is quite simple. You just have to disable the cheats when the battle start, in fact I do it before launching my first attack. I did not investigate this issue deeply, but it worked for me. And You do not need to change your prefered graphic settings

I know this a little late upon helping but I wanted to let you know that it has a 100% chance to not go black screen when your rival tells you how to sneek up to the poochyena pokemon in the grass at the beginning of the game. It seems to completely trick the games code into not going black screen after you catch the pokemon you changed it to instead of the poochyena, just make sure to not save the game ( you can save before this cutscene occurs and it will work, just don’t trigger the cutscene before saving) otherwise if you save and load the game right after your rival talks to you about the sneeking tutorial and how the poochyena has a rare move than there won’t be any pokemon in the grass upon loading the game. So for anyone in the future having this problem and wanting a better starter with better moves such as Camerupt that has 100 accuracy for almost all its fire and earth moves and that have almost all moves earth and fire power in the 80s and 100s for them so it is way better than torchic fire starter that has only one fire move over 100 but it has recoil damage and the one fire move around 85 power has below 100 accuracy so it will miss sometimes. the digit to catch camerupt is 143 via the v1.4 dexnav pokemon generator code and 142 for numel in case people want to use the base form ( I started with camerupt and changed it’s level to 5 via the dexnav generator code but you guys you can do anything you want of course :slight_smile: ), I spent hours trying to figure it out and finally figured out it wasn’t going off of the pokenav pokemon #s so then I tried random numbers and finally narrowed it down and found it after reloading the game many times. You can catch a squirtle between digit 100-115 and also at about 100 and higher is where the digits start for the first gen and around digit 120-138 you can catch that Gold water starter that looks like a alligator or dinosaur upon final evolution ( ferligator I think it was called upon final evolution?)so you can choose a better starter if you want to. I hope I help a lot of people enjoy the game even more, good day :slight_smile: