Pokemon ORAS freezes my entire computer when I try to launch it

Issue:
Up until recently, I was able to play ORAS perfectly fine but now whenever I try to launch it, ORAS stays on the first loading screen without the progress bar. I believe the problem was caused when I was soft resetting to shiny hunt and got a bad reset. I found a post that was similar and the solution there was to restart the entire computer. However, when I restarted mine and tried to launch ORAS again the same problem occurred. It froze my entire computer. Everything from mouse controls to adjusting the volume goes completely unresponsive.
Before the problem, I had no trouble at all running ORAS. My computer can easily run it at the solid 30 fps and even up to 300% speed if I remove the limiter. At this point I genuinely have no idea how to fix it, restarting doesn’t work and I have no idea if there’s a feature in Citra that’s made for this. Any help is greatly appreciated.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • CPU: Intel i5 4200U
  • GPU: Intel® HD Graphics 4000
  • Citra Version: 1559 Nightly and 1769 Canary
  • Game: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Because running the game freezes my entire computer I’m not able to save the log of the issue. Sorry.

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Hi, do this:

1. Open Citra then go to File->Open Citra Folder
  2. Open shaders folder then delete the opengl folder if it’s there
  3. Emulation->Configure... then click on Graphics on the left
  4. Click on the Advanced tab and turn on Accurate Multiplication

The Disk Shader Cache currently has a bug when Accurate Multiplication is turned off causing it to slowly load all shaders from zero every time you start the game and makes the precompiled cache extrememly large + the RAM usage skyrockets until you crash.

Holy hell thank you so damn much
I swear I’ve been trying to solve this myself for a week and never thought it would be that easy
Thank you so much you legend

1 Like