Pokemon Saphire freezing 0fps 0% speed

Issue:
every 2 minutes i play the game it freezes to 0fps and 0% speed
i waited for about 20 minutes but the game didnt unfreeze and i cant normally play.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
  • CPU: ADM Ryzen 3 3300x 4-core
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly 1714
  • Game: Pokemon Alpha Saphire
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar): Screen capture - 7d60daa85eb859f5b0aab3159933e1cd - Gyazo

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.
citra_log.txt (4.0 KB)

The log file is incomplete. Make sure you follow the steps carefully:

1. Open Citra, then go to File>Open Citra Folder (Citra>Open Citra Folder if on MacOS) and open up the log folder. Now keep that open in the background.
  2. Launch your game and encounter the problem; crash/slowdown/glitch and close citra if it doesn’t do so by itself. Do not restart citra as that will wipe the log of important information!
  3. Now upload the log file in this chat.

citra_log.txt (4.9 KB)

happend again here is the log

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

You might need to also upload citra_log.txt.old.txt. Do the steps again to get new logs just in case.

citra_log.txt (135.5 KB)
citra_log.txt (4.9 KB)

here are the logs again both of them.

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1714 HEAD-5241032
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           AMD Ryzen 3 3300X 4-Core Processor              | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer                             NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                            465.89
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 2
Shader Disk Cache                             [x]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• The CPU Clock percentage is not 100%. You may experience unexpected game speed.

Go to Emulation>Configuration>System and set the CPU Clock Speed back to 100%. Overclocking or underclocking the emulated CPU makes emulation extremely unstable. You shouldn’t be touching that slider unless you know what you’re doing.

thank you,
also my fps is locked at 45 do you know how i can get it to 60?

Go to Emulation>Configuration>General and set the Emulation Speed to 200% (Pokemon games are 30FPS by design so running at double speed should put it at 60fps).

alright i also have a 144hz monitor can i lock it above 144 or wont it effect the game?

What are you referring to by “it”?

nvm everything works thanks for the help!

1 Like

hello i got one more question.
im trying to sneak in pokemon alpha saphire and i watched some tutoriols on how to do it but it doesnt work,

i think you should press d. if that doesn’t work change the d pad controls in settings