Pokemon Shield freeze after throwing pokeball

I was experiencing some issues, most notably the game soft locking after a pokeball is thrown where the pokeball would sit still on the ground while the battle music still plays.

I have also experienced some random freezes and crash to desktops. Here is my log file attached.

yuzu_log.txt (307.0 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                               yuzu 1157
Operating System                             Windows 10 Version 21H2 (Build 19044.1889)
CPU                                          Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                 Vulkan 1.3.205
Graphics Renderer                            NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
GPU Driver Version                           NVIDIA 516.94.0.0
CPU Accuracy                                 Auto
GPU Accuracy                                 Extreme
Docked Mode                                  [x]
CPU Multicore                                [ ]
Async GPU                                    [x]
Async Shaders                                [ ]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• Your GPU accuracy level is set to extreme. If you are experiencing slow-downs, please lower this setting to high or normal.
1 Like

Try lowering the scaler to default, and always stick to normal - high gpu accuracy. Not extreme.

Edited: Managed to play for 3 hours without any crash. Also managed to play at 2x resolution. Seems that the “High” GPU Accuracy did the trick.

Will do, I will try out those settings and report back with a log should the problem still persist.

Although the solution has been mostly fixed, I was wondering if there is any way to make the “extreme” GPU settings work without freezes and crashes?

I believe that the lighting effect on the character player is much more accurate instead of them being kinda shadowy/dark all the time.

Wondering if there is anything else that could be tweaked to achieve the best image quality while being stable?

use mods and reshade vs extreme gpu accuracy.