Pokemon Sun Citra fps drops to 0 when entering Malie Garden

Issue:
when i enter to Malie Garden (for the first time, i just arrived on Ula’ula island) my FPS gets dropped little by little to 0 and then the game freezes. The background music is working perfectly but i can’t do anything.

System Information

• Operating System: Win 10 64bit
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X
  • GPU: Asus AMD 480 OC 8gb
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly 1290
  • Game: Pokemon Sun 3ds
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Your log is empty, go in-game, reproduce this issue and upload your log again.

I have just updated the log file. Please do check. :slight_smile:

Core.Cheats <Warning> core/cheats/gateway_cheat.cpp:SetEnabled:424: Cheats enabled. This might lead to weird behaviour or crashes

Can you temporary turn off cheats then restart the game and see if it still crashes.

i tried after turning off as well as deleting cheats… still the problem persists

anyone solve the problem yet?

Try disabling Hardware Shader before starting the game.

tried disabling Hardware Shader but no effect

Hm, can you upload your save file? I can check if I get the same issue.

@tywald here is my save game

Hm can you update to Nightly 1319? I entered and didn’t crash, also Hau showed up for me but in your screenshot he is not there :confused:

Perhaps you have a bad dump? Try redump using the guides to make sure it’s clean:

i dont have a 3ds though…
i will update my citra build and try though

@tywald
I updated the build,… still doesnt work. And since I dont have a 3ds, i cant dump using those guides, as the guides suggest that i should have a 3ds. any other way to redump?

Then I assume you have a friend who has one, since you do own a copy of Pokémon Sun, right?

Remember that we cannot support piracy.

Actually my friend has gone out of state for his master’s,… So I cant get the rom