Pokemon Sun freezes at a near point at the start of the game but I can still hear the audio tho

Issue:
My problem is pretty much what the title says, it’s at the point at the start of the game where I have a Video Call with Professor Kukui. This keeps happening even if I restart the game, Idk if it’s the file or it’s Citra, but I do know one thing this makes me quite irritated and also disappointed not being able to play the game that I wanted on my wishlist 2 years ago. o-o

System Information

• Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Single Language
  • CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i3-7020U CPU @ 2.30GHzz, 2304Mhz
  • GPU:
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly 1718
  • Game: Pokemon Sun
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296
citra_log.txt (50.5 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1718 HEAD-dd31ed6
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-7020U CPU @ 2.30GHz | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer                             Intel(R) HD Graphics 620
GPU Driver Version                            23.20.16.4973
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [x]

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Oki, Ima just sleep at this point. o-o

I’m back and yet still no difference. o-o

Okay, I think my situation can’t be helped at all. o-o
Well this is disappointing. o-o

^ This driver is very out of date. To update, download win64_25.20.100.6373.zip from Download Legacy Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10

Then follow this guide to install it: https://www.howtogeek.com/343287/how-to-fix-the-driver-being-installed-is-not-validated-for-this-computer-on-intel-computers/

After installing that driver, you should be able to install the latest driver available for your GPU: Download and install igfx_win_100.9684.exe from Download Intel® Graphics - Windows® DCH Drivers

Make absolutely sure to not use any save states that you created before updating your drivers. Let us know if the issue remains. If it does, upload another log file.

Thx sir for helping me, this problem has been bugging me for so long. ;2;

Too bad my wifi sucks so loading may take forever. ;2;

Thx for helping me with this problem, the game works fine now thx to you sir. :smiley:

Okay, I have another problem now, it’s now a new freezing point kind of, my character is just in the room sleeping forever and the meowth is just standing there not waking up my character, it’s been at least 14 mins of me waiting yet the game is frozen in the same sleeping in the bed animation, here is the log.
citra_log.txt (5.9 KB)

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Uhm, you’re supposed to tell your character to move at that point. If you tried that, make sure that your movement buttons are mapped correctly in Citra’s Controls menu.

Gosh I’m an idiot, I’m sincerely sorry SleepingSnake. This is my fisrt time playing this game, I thought it was still a cutscene. ;2;