System Information

• Operating System:windows 10
  • CPU: i5 6600k
  • GPU: gtx 980
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): citra canary version
  • Game: Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.

citra_log.txt (3.8 KB)

Your log is incomplete, run the game and reproduce the issue, close citra and don’t open again at this point, open the folder C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\citra\log and upload your log again.

here is the log file and a screenshot of it citra_log.txt (3.9 KB)

CITRA%20FAILED%20SAVE

Your log is incomplete, each time you open citra a new log is generated, that’s why you need to launch the game, reproduce the issue (save failed), close citra and don’t open again at this point (otherwise a new log will be generated, overwriting the previous log information). open the folder C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\citra\log and upload your log again.

tell me the steps i look the steps up it says step 1 if citra is running restart first i don get what they mean by restart first should i exit citra or restart the game

1. open citra, for simplicity go to File > Open Citra folder and let it opened.
  2. launch the game and play up to where the issue occurs (save failed in your case)
  3. close citra and don’t open it again at this point.
  4. take a look at the folder you’ve opened on step 1, open the folder log and upload the citra_log.txt file.

here the log file sorry i took long citra_log.txt (2.9 MB)

I found some issues in that log that need resolving:

• Citra is currently utilizing open-source system files which may cause emulation to be less accurate, but not affect system stability.

Try running citra as admin.

ok thankyou i took long to respond since i dont see when i get messages unless i reload

well it saved before i tried as admin im not sure if the files may get corrupted and lose the save

At first Pokemon super mystery dungeon saves and then sometimes in doesn’t save it says failed save i ran it as administrator and the version i am using is the Citra canary version since it is recommended for this game

so, it works with admin but not without it?

i tried it with admin and it doesnt work

it saves sometimes when i do new game and sometimes it doesnt i tried saving it after new game it sometimes works and sometimes it doesnt

it saves sometimes when i do new game and sometimes it doesnt i tried saving it after new game it sometimes works and sometimes it doesnt

some users have report that problem with SMD in the past, try deleting its save folder, right click on SMD on citra’s game list and ‘Open Save Data Location’, go up in the folder structure until you reach folder 00040000 and delete the folder you came from. careful to not delete other folders on the 00040000 folder.

i went into citra right click it says ''open save data location" Theres two things in there game_data and game_system which do i opened and edit or delete

i see now i deleted the 00040000 folder

I deleted the 00040000 file started the game and did the begin until it saves it says save failed i did this as administrator here’s the Citra_log file citra_log.txt (1.5 MB)