Pokemon Sword Black Screen

Pokemon Sword Black Screen in amd, fix please.

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

As with most games on AMD, wait for vulkan, we can’t fix the driver.

Is this issue being resolved? or is it more advantageous to buy a nvidia gpu?

Yuzu use OpenGL api what favor more Nvidia. How this guy said wait couple of years more for the Vulkan api for Yuzu or if u can’t wait buy Nvidia gpu.

do other OpenGL emulators work without problems, why does this have so many compatibility issues?

Yes but still bad are u tried CemU OpenGL on AMD gpu’s u would get 10 or 30fps on Nvidia gpu’s with same performance like the AMD part u would get over 60fps+. Yuzu is also a complex emulator the Switch is still a new console. Don’t complain about the compatibility we should be happy that a Switch emulator even exist I for example get on my Yuzu emulator on Pokemon Sword playable 15-30fps and the game looks really nice. There is still some shadow glitches but this will be fixed. AMD gpu’s always have problems with OpenGL api and some emulator developers can fix them some other can’t. If u want better fps or less bugs on OpenGL with AMD gpu’s u can also use Linux over Windows. On Linux AMD gpu drivers have less bugs and run better or wait couple of years for Vulkan api on Yuzu or buy Nvidia gpu’s because they run Yuzu much much better thats also one of the reasons I bought a 2060 Super over a RX 5700 XT.

I already tried on linux but the same problems occurred, I will try to buy a nvidia gpu
thanks for the help.

If u really want buy a Nvidia gpu and u only need it for Yuzu Switch emulator I would recommend u a low end or mid range gpu like a 1050ti or 1060 used. The thing is is not important how fast your gpu is I mean it is important but the most important thing is that it is a Nvidia gpu. Yuzu really loves fast CPU’s with good single core preformance so I hope u have a good CPU like a i7 or i9 atleast a decent cpu like Ryzen 5 3600 or i5. I use Ryzen 5 2600 overclocked on 4.1ghz is fine but I wouldn’t recommend this cpu for Yuzu in 2019 there is better option out there. But Ryzen 5 2600 should be the minimum everything under that slower than that in single core preformance is not good for Yuzu.

i have a ryzen 7, i am thinking of buying a gtx 1660 oc, i think that solves my problem.

Vulkan will not take years, have patience, it will be here soon.

1 Like

Thank you for your help.

I am trying to play sword on my yuzu 255 emulator but everytime it loads up I am hearing it but the screen was blank I don’t know if is the emulator or windows visual c++

Hey, I have the same problem with Pokémon sword, after the „nintendo switch“ screen it appears a blackscreen and the game don‘t even start… Can someone help me pls

Please provide a log file.