Pokemon Sword Crashing when registering for gym challenge

I am trying to play pokemon sword, and the game is crashing (and killing the emulator) in the motostoke stadium when I’m getting my league uniform. I have tried multiple settings and had the crash happen every time. This includes when I reset all settings, and under both the OpenGL and Vulkan APIs. I’ve verified that I’m running the latest version, 825.

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Mobile / Max-Q
Memory: 15.4 GiB

Here is my log file: yuzu_log.txt.old.txt (280 KB)

I tried running the emulator from the terminal with flatpak run org.yuzu_emu.yuzu, and recivied the output

Gtk-Message: 12:57:14.984: Failed to load module “xapp-gtk3-module”
Qt: Session management error: None of the authentication protocols specified are supported
ioctl (GFEATURE): Input/output error
QPixmap::scaled: Pixmap is a null pixmap
libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
QOpenGLContext::swapBuffers() called with non-exposed window, behavior is undefined
QOpenGLContext::swapBuffers() called with non-exposed window, behavior is undefined
/usr/include/c++/11.2.0/array:188: constexpr std::array<_Tp, _Nm>::value_type& std::array<_Tp, _Nm>::operator[](std::array<_Tp, _Nm>::size_type) [with _Tp = std::array<std::array<QPushButton*, 12>, 5>; long unsigned int _Nm = 2; std::array<_Tp, _Nm>::reference = std::array<std::array<QPushButton*, 12>, 5>&; std::array<_Tp, _Nm>::size_type = long unsigned int]: Assertion ‘__n < this->size()’ failed.

Can you try setting up a bigger swap file/partition?

I created a 20G swap file, and it still crashed at the same spot. I ran the system monitor, and there was no spike in memory or swap usage. I also ran it from the terminal again and got the same error.

New error log, in case anything has changed.yuzu_log.txt.old.txt (560 KB)

are you for some reason using a save from pokemon shield?

No, unless some mistake occurred. Is there a way to verify which game the save came from?

I think you can use pkhex for that but you should honestly just know already if it was one you played through completely via emu or dumped save from console.

Yeah, in that case it would just be the sword save. I started the file on the emulator.

To confirm, I started a new save and had the same crash occur. I also experienced what I believe (though haven’t confirmed) to be the same crash with the birthday fortune teller in Wedgehurst. For the original crash point in Motostoke I enabled more debugging information in the terminal. The last few lines of output before it crashed were

[ 217.212791] Service.AM core/hle/service/am/am.cpp:GetLibraryAppletLaunchableEvent:379: (STUBBED) called
[ 217.227812] Service.AM core/hle/service/am/applets/applet_software_keyboard.cpp:Initialize:54: Initializing Software Keyboard Applet with LibraryAppletMode=0
[ 217.227821] Service.AM core/hle/service/am/applets/applet_software_keyboard.cpp:InitializeForeground:184: Initializing Normal Software Keyboard Applet.
[ 217.227833] Service.AM yuzu/applets/qt_software_keyboard.cpp:InitializeKeyboard:1523:
KeyboardInitializeParameters:
ok_text=
header_text=Please enter your uniform number.
sub_text=
guide_text=
initial_text=
max_text_length=3
min_text_length=1
initial_cursor_position=0
type=1
password_mode=0
text_draw_type=0
key_disable_flags=0
use_blur_background=true
enable_backspace_button=true