Pokémon sword crashing while using both mainline and early access build

I was new with yuzu, and It’s been few months since everything is going wrong with the yuzu emulator. Everytime I try to open yuzu with opengl, two things happen:

1. firstly the intro scene works just fine but after that the game crashes and suddenly the FPS drops to 0 and I am unable to play🙂
  2. In the second case, after the intro scene the FPS drops to 1-4 fps. Then it crashes so much that I have to exit from the game and close it in frustration.:angry:
    After months of struggling I found a way to activate vulkan API as it is my default one with AMD Ryzen 3 as my graphics card. But then when I start to open Pokémon sword, yuzu just closes on its own. I even updated my graphics card to the latest version for the sake of playing it smoothly. But I am unable to play anything on yuzu. Kindly help me. I’ll be grateful if anyone would come up to solve the problem. Hoping for the best…:’(

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

yuzu_log.txt.old.txt (292.8 KB)
Yuzu log file uploaded

System Information for Support

Client Version                                yuzu Early Access 1572 HEAD-early-access-0-1555-53-g1e4b71eec
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           AMD Ryzen 3 2200U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx   | AVX2 | FMA
RAM                                           3.41 GB
Pagefile / Swap                               19.53 GB
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 4.6.1
Graphics Renderer                             AMD Radeon(TM) Vega 3 Graphics
GPU Driver Version                            21.4.1 27.20.21002.112
Docked Mode                                   [ ]
CPU Multicore                                 [x]
Async GPU                                     [x]
Assembly Shaders                              [ ]
Async Shaders                                 [x]
CPU Accuracy                                  Accurate
GPU Accuracy                                  High

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• Due to AMD’s poorly optimized OpenGL driver, you may experience slowdowns.

What should I do for this?

You need more Ram and use Vulkan is much better than OpenGL on AMD GPU.

Hardware Requirements

CPU GPU RAM
Minimum Intel Core i5-4430 / AMD Ryzen 3 1200 Intel HD Graphics 520 / NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 2GB / AMD Radeon R7 240 2GB 8GB
Recommended Intel Core i5-10400 / AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Intel UHD Graphics 630 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4GB / AMD Radeon RX Vega 56 8GB 16GB

We don’t guarantee compatibility with only 4GB of RAM, we ask for 8GB not including what any integrated GPU will take.

Sorry, I couldn’t understand what u said! Can u kindlyrepeat

Using Vulkan while playing Pokémon sword, yuzu just closes by itself and doesn’t wants to work. And using OpenGl while playing Pokémon sword, the FPS of the intro scene gets to 30fps but after I continue further, the FPS drops to 4fps and then to 0, which makes it completely unplayable.

But yesterday I figured out something that while playing Pokémon Let’s go Pikachu, I didn’t have either of the problems and while using OpenGl it was fine. The FPS was 30fps in indoors, while catching pokemons, while battling and 15-20fps in outdoors. But with Vulkan again the same thing happened, it just crashes…
So I think that let’s go pikachu is almost playable in OpenGl but faces problems with Vulkan.
Don’t know what to do with Pokémon sword, guess I have to buy one switch and the game​:sneezing_face::slightly_smiling_face:

You need more RAM to use yuzu.

Do I need to buy a new RAM or I have to use a trick to get 8gb from 4gb?

I would recommend you to buy DDR4 RAM 16GB (2x8GB) with at least 3200Mhz. 32GB (2x16GB) with 3200Mhz or 32GB (2x16GB) with 3600Mhz would be better.
RAM is very important for yuzu. Especially with a lot of memory and the speed

It does not matter whether the processor is from Intel or AMD, the faster RAM increases the processor’s performance enormously and thanks to the high memory it reduces the chances of crashes.

1 Like

Is it compatible with AMD Ryzen 3 2200U?

Yes the AMD Ryzen 3 2200U is compatible to DDR4 32GB. You can definitely upgrade to 32GB (2x16GB) 3200Mhz. But that varies from motherboard to motherboard. You have to check what kind of motherboard you have and how much Mhz it supports

1 Like

I am just providing the images of all the information about the components of my laptop just check if ur comfortable and

it’s possible to get…

Check the bottom of the laptop, it should tell the exact model.

Baseboard manufacturer: HP
BASEBOARD PRODUCT: 84AE
it supports DDR4-2400
Supports up to 16GB (unbuffered) on 64-bit system.
Motherboard specification: OrionR32300UUF

I have 4GB RAM already installed, so how many RAM should I add more for smooth gaming of 30-60fps in yuzu?

are you using mods? that might be causing the crashes

Nope. I’m not at all using mods but if it doesn’t gets automatically to 30-60 fps then I guess I might be using it!:sneezing_face:

At least another 4GB to get a total of 8GB, but i would recommend getting an 8GB stick to get a total of 12GB of RAM.

1 Like