Pokemon Sword doesn't start

Hello,
Pokemon Sword gets stuck in launch screen. Well, it doesn’t really get stuck, it just never finishes to launch.
At first try it started without problems, the only issue i had was that i had no sound. So i stopped the emulation and change the sound settings in yuzu. Since then it never gets further than “Launching…”. It doesn’t freeze or so, the Ninteno Switch icon still does its thing and the loading bar still moves. Speed is at 3556% / 100% FPS is a 0 and Frame is nan ms
yuzu_log.txt (66.9 KB)

1 Like

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

System Information for Support

OpenGL Vendor                                 NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL Renderer                               GeForce GTX 1070 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Version                                4.6.0
GPU Driver Version                            441.20
Enable CPU JIT                                null
Docked Mode                                   [ ]
RNG Seed                                      [ ]
Use Accurate GPU Emulation                    [ ]

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Try cleaning the shader cache.
Right click the game on yuzu’s list, click on open transferable shader cache, and delete or move the highlighted file, try booting it again atfer that.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply.
I cleaned the shader cache and something changed. The loading bar now doenst move anymore, which was also the case when i frist started the game and it worked then. Unfortunatley it still doesnt start

Sounds like a bad dump then. Try doing the dumping process again.

Thanks for your help.
I reinstalled yuzu and now it seems to work

i did the same but it tends to freeze the game when the wooloo is trying to get that fence thing done any ideas why?

Any cutscene will softlock the game, the only way for now is to use saves after each one.