Pokemon Sword Freeze

Im having constants freezing’s on pokemon sword, im on EA 587, been testing for a while now, tested on mainline 271 too, it crashes to desktop and yuzu closes.
The freeze happen’s and the fps goes to zero and i can still hear the background music.
Already tested on OpenGL, without multicore, async, it happens anyway. Only game that i can’t really play on this emulator so far.

Here’s my log: yuzu_log.txt (825.5 KB)

Probably not going to find an instant solution but if i can help reporting this i will be grateful anyway.

System Information for Support

Client Version                                yuzu Early Access 587 HEAD-97315aeff
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor            
Graphics API                                  Vulkan 1.2.133
Graphics Renderer                             Radeon RX 580 Series
GPU Driver Version                            AMD proprietary driver 2.0.137
Docked Mode                                   [ ]
Use Async GPU                                 [x]
BCAT Backend                                  none
GPU Emulation Accuracy Level                  Normal

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Can you try with ASYNC disabled?
Asynchronous GPU is not 100% compatible with Vulkan, and some crashes may happen due to it.

Already did, it happens anyway :confounded:

Im also experiencing this type of freezing, sometimes it would work flawlessly then it freezes again and again. Im using an RX 580 with a Ryzen 5 1500X Processor 16gb of ram. I have successfully finished playing LGP with this rig and an earlier build, i dont know why im getting this issue on PKMN Sword

Does it happen with opengl or with multicore off?

Yes, opengl and without multicore too, its actually random, but i can’t stay more than 5 minutes playing without the freeze.

Can you confirm me it if happens in mainline?

For me it also happens in the mainline versions of the emulator, is it also worth noting that I updated the game to pokemon sword 1.1.1 and also installed the 2 dlcs (expansion packs)

In mainline 274 the game crashes after a few minutes

Any mods or randomizers installed?

No, removed updates too but no luck

Reported to the devs, I hope we get info on this soon.

How can i do that? Discord?

Yeah, that’s one way.

1 Like

Reported already ty!

1 Like

Edit: The issue is now fixed on latest build’s, but only when i use OpenGL. I started to using msi afterburner to see my ram usage and it crashes at the moment when it reaches 15gb, i became aware too that this is an vulkan related memory leak problem. So its basically this, need to wait for a fix tho.

OpenGL is OLD and Vulkan has a few years, I tried Vulkan to but eats more than OpenGL and it is not stable.