Pokemon Sword "freezing" after battles

My game is freezing after getting XP from a battle, the music continues to play. I tried playing on Openlg, but the game is unplayable, very low fps.

I’m using Vulkan on a RX 580 and a ryzen 5 2600. Multicore On, Assyncron GPU On. Only DLC, updates and 60 fps mod.

I will upload my log file and screenshot. I tried everything, but the game freezes after sometimes. It’s completely RANDOM, but i can’t do more than 3 battles without freezing.

yuzu_log.txt (972.5 KB)

1 Like

System Information for Support

Client Version                                yuzu 356             . HEAD-mainline-636-3209-gcf1d29899
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor             | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                  Vulkan 1.2.139
Graphics Renderer                             Radeon RX 580 Series
GPU Driver Version                            AMD proprietary driver 2.0.145
Use Async GPU                                 [x]
BCAT Backend                                  none
GPU Emulation Accuracy Level                  High

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• Due to AMD’s poorly optimized OpenGL driver, you may experience slowdowns.

OpenGL is the best, Vulkan is not that good, and the problem is AMD OpenGL and not for Nvidia OpenGL.
I play the game in 30 FPS on Geforce 1060 GTX 6GB OpenGL and works very great.

What Yuzu build you are using? OpenGL lags too much on my RX 580, unplayable.

Mainline from 3 days a go and I didn’t play in this 3 days, the testing made me to start to play Pokemon Sword and Shield is next.
I test played for some time and used different versions and I had no problems, and read the other post for more info.

I tried playing on Openlg and i’m still getting those freezes after a battle, weird. I tried setting up my page file to 15000, i’m still getting those freezes.

Try it with out mods and did you use PKHeX.

I did not use PKHeX, the only mods i have are 60 fps and the update/dlcs. It freezes without the 60 fps after some battles, i don’t know what to do anymore.

have you got the keys updated to latest version???
and also try to increase your virtual page file to 20000-25000mb
and make the GPU emulation level to normalhigh need some good sort of gpu…
and for pokemon sword and shield it is better to keep AnisotropicFilteringLevel to 4x

and also turn off both the wifi-fix and 60fps mod for now and try by updating the game to version 1.2.1 you have version 1.2.0

Tried all these things game still freezes after sometimes.

I noticed that the game freezes everytime it gets to 10GB of used RAM, both on VULKAN and Openlg. Is there anyway to lower the ram usage or fix this?

I have played on i7-7700k 4.20GHz, Geforce 1060 GTX 6GB VRam and 16GB Ram, no SSD.
And the solution is more Ram or not that good Virtual Ram virtual page file, Geforce for OpenGL with Intel are the best solution for me.

I played with 8gb ram but my ram consumption only goes to 83% highest ya and have 4 GB graphics and virtual page file to 30000mb… It works fine for me… I am able to play both in early access as well as mainline at the same time

With no freezes? Whats your hardware?

im having the same issue but its when i catch pokemon

I give up, the game keeps freezing after the battle ends. Tried openlg and vulkan, with multicore on and off, 30 and 60 fps, nothing works. i will have to wait for a fix, this game is not playable on a rx580

I have i5 9300H and Nvidia 1650… I have done a lots and lots of optimization to my pc… And Nvidia graphics processor is the best… It also provides us optimizing options… You try to see which application is taking most ram and then kill it…