Pokemon sword games is closing on its own while running in yuzu

pokemon sword game is closing on its own while playing it after a few minutes please help

1 Like

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

yuzu_log.txt (4.8 KB)
yuzu_log.txt.old.txt (8.8 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                yuzu 615             . HEAD-mainline-636-5283-g0ca4acbf4
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1035G1 CPU @ 1.00GHz | AVX512 | FMA
RAM                                           15.77 GB
Pagefile / Swap                               2.38 GB
Graphics API                                  OpenGL ?
Graphics Renderer                             ?
Docked Mode                                   [x]
CPU Multicore                                 [x]
Async GPU                                     [x]
Assembly Shaders                              [ ]
Async Shaders                                 [ ]
CPU Accuracy                                  Accurate
GPU Accuracy                                  High

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

when will your moderator will assist me

Try with an updated GPU driver: Download Intel® Graphics - Windows® 10 DCH Drivers

the GPU is already updated any more sugeestions

Try to increase your pagefile to customsize: 32000 click apply
Shut down your pc after that and restart your PC again by pressing the power button
See if it works now

Anyway
How much Mhz does your RAM have? Slow RAM can cause Yuzu to crash, many players still have DDR4 2400 Mhz or 2133 Mhz or less. This could be the reason for yuzu closes itself.
Back then I had this problem with 2133 Mhz 16GB (2x8GB), then I’ve upgraded my PC with 32GB DDR4 3600 Mhz (2x16GB). That solved the problem

my ram has DDR4 2667MHZ

I would try the bigger page file, can help.
Besides that, it’s known that Gen11 and Gen12 Intel graphics have very immature drivers at the moment.

I can play Pokemon Sword with DDR4 3600Mhz 32GB (2x16GB), (page file: 32000) 8 hours until the RAM reaches the limit without crashes. Then i have to restart yuzu and i can play again the same amount of time.
With DDR4 2133Mhz 16GB (2x8GB) i could only play 3-4 hours if it doesn’t crash after raids before or in the middle of it, but since switching to faster RAM I don’t have any issues like this anymore.

I also recommend turning off g / free sync, turning vsync on and setting the monitor to 60Hz. This makes yuzu run more stable and it doesn’t crash in autosaves after the raids.
Vsync on can also prevent yuzu from closing by itself. That is why i recommend to set it on

I hope I was able to help you and others with this post

i paly with my nvidia graphics and not with intel

i already tried it once but the result was still same

Try to play pokemon sword with this version. Just unzip it in a new folder and don’t overwrite the newest version you have from yuzu

Or with this version (it is old i know and slow with no multicore, but this is the most stable version i’ve played with)

Its happening to me aswell I was saving the game and yuzu crashed then whenever I try to open the game it will get stuck loading and then yuzu will close itself (game is pokemon shield)

Try to delete the shader cache mabe it helps
Right click on the game in Yuzu’s game list and select Open Transferable Shader Cache, then delete the file that’s selected.

If it didn’t help then put the shader cache file from the Recycle Bin back to yuzu

ty but it didn’t work I had to put it back

Have you tried reinstalling Pokemon Shield?
Are your drivers up to date? (GPU?)

gpu is 1060 3gb drivers are up to date and I didn’t try to reinstall do I have to start from te beggining if I do? :frowning: I was like 8 hours in and game was working just fine untill it crashed when i was saving

You won’t lose your savefile. Just reinstall Pokemon Shield and the DLC’s update 1.3.1

1 Like