Pokemon Sword issue after reinstalling Windows 10

I don’t know how to explain this in a short way and it’s more of a “convenience issue” but an important one to me personally so bear with me please…

So after having reinstalled Windows 10 from scratch due to switching to NVMe SSD as the OS drive, I’ve been unable to boot Pokemon Sword without enabling “multicore CPU emulation” option. So, why is that an issue you may ask? Well the main reason I prefer to play Pokemon games on the PC as opposed to the console is the ability to run ABOVE the default speed, I always play with above full speed in Pokemon games to save a lot of time as my time is rather limited to play games eitherway and it’s a great time saver running past full speed (thx to my pretty beefy overclocked PC).

Now multicore CPU emulation doesn’t obey the “Limit speed percent” at all and always runs the game at 30 fps but in some previous builds there was this experimental feature to disable FPS limiter in the graphics options which also worked while using multicore CPU setting, although I found it was highly unstable using OpenGL BUT it worked perfectly fine with Vulkan again. Now this option seems to have been removed, why? I suppose it was unstable with OpenGL but it worked just fine in Vulkan for me and haven’t experienced any crashes/freezes because of it.

I’ve copied over save game file and the needed files to run Yuzu from my previous Windows partition and still haven’t formatted the old OS drive and if I boot into the old OS drive now Yuzu DOES boot the game without multicore CPU emulation option enabled with the latest build but it will only result in being stuck at the “launching” screen on my freshly installed OS drive again. I don’t understand how this is possible?

So the thing I’m trying to find out now is a way to be able to play above full speed on my freshly installed OS partition, whether that is to get the game to boot without multicore CPU emulation enabled like it used to work or if I can download an older Yuzu build with the experimental FPS limiter option still available and block Yuzu from updating automatically or have a way of disabling FPS limit while multicore CPU emulation is enabled.

Thanks in advance for your help.

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

This is a kernel emulation regression we introduced recently, we’re working to fix it.
You can now use the 60 FPS mod and toggle the frame limiter with Ctrl + U while playing to get a similar result.

Thanks for the reply, good to know that’s being worked on.

The 60 fps mod will do for now I guess, didn’t know there was a separate 60 fps mod for it or a Yuzu mod manager for that matter. I was setting fps limiter to 75 fps in the nvidia control panel for Yuzu before when uncapping the speed using the experimental setting but 60 fps I can definitely live with. :slight_smile:

EDIT: I see ctrl + U actually is a fps limit Toggle so that’s perfect then, can then limit it to whatever I want it to be through Nvidia control panel “max frame rate” setting.

1 Like