Pokemon Sword Keeps Crashing in Battles

Hey all,

Did not have this problem before, but ever since I got update 1.3 and the dlc’s, everything seems to keep crashing when I battle, after a couple of turns. I’ve made sure all my mods are current, and working with version 1.3. I have also tried disabling the retexture HD mod by bsod and the 60 fps mod, and still it will crash after a couple of turns. I have attached the log file from when all mods are active. Pretty stumped here, as they were working just fine before, now after a couple of months of not playing, crashing outright.

I have recently taken bsod’s recommendation and changed the cpu speed to unsafe as that is what he recommends, but otherwise, everything else is the same.yuzu_log.txt (1.3 MB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                yuzu Early Access 1249 HEAD-9f8b00149
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 4.6.0
Graphics Renderer                             GeForce RTX 2080 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                            460.89
Use Async GPU                                 [x]
BCAT Backend                                  none
GPU Emulation Accuracy Level                  High

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Pokémon is affected by kernel issues. Try this old build, from before multicore support: https://github.com/yuzu-emu/yuzu-mainline/releases/tag/mainline-0-295

Thank you for that, I do have that, but I was using multicore just fine before, with no problems. Could the updated textures in the new version be causing it?

edit: also when I disabled all mods but the wifi glitch mod, update and dlcs, I was able to get through one battle, but it crashed at the items screen :frowning: sigh. Is there no way to get it working with the multicore? I’ve seen others on youtube with less specs getting it to work just fine…

Edit 2: So I updated to the latest stable version which was 482 I believe, which still uses multicore. No issues, all mods work fine. I guess I was right, it is the new texture system that is crashing the game