Pokemon Sword mods not working

Okay so when ever I download a mod (60fps, Wi-fi fix, etc) and add it to the mod folder for pokemon sword and load up the game, it just doesn’t work, the game play the exact same as it did before I added the mod. Does anyone know how to fix this?

1 Like

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

If you have 1.3.1 patch no luck, if you have 1.3.0 patch it works, we must wait for 1.3.1 mods (exeFS).

Pokemon Sword (exeFS)

Mod Description Applies to Credit
Wi-Fi Crash Workaround This is a workaround towards the crash when Y is pressed. 1.0.0 1.2.0 1.2.1 1.3.0 theboy181, Claude von Riegan
Force Max Resolution Forces the game to always run at 1920x1080. 1.0.0 1.2.0 1.2.1 1.3.0 theboy181, Claude von Riegan
Uncap Framerate Runs the game at a 60 FPS cap. Will be double speed at 60 FPS 1.0.0 1.2.0 1.2.1 1.3.0 theboy181, Claude von Riegan

Pokemon Sword/Shield (romFS)

No Outlines Removes the outlines. Any PatrickJr
ReTextured 1.6 A HD Redesign of the game. Better textures, Texture Quality & Much Higher Detail in all areas. Now Supports all game DLCs 1.2.0 1.2.1 1.3.0 1.3.1 BSoD Gaming
ReTextured 1.6 Alternate Link A HD Redesign of the game. Better textures, Texture Quality & Much Higher Detail in all areas. Now Supports all game DLCs 1.2.0 1.2.1 1.3.0 1.3.1 BSoD Gaming
RaidBuff Improves allied Pokemon in a solo Max Raid battle Any Barticom
Teamwork 1.4 Stronger Pokemon than RaidBuff in a solo Max Raid battle. Allied Pokemon have more suitable Ability, Moves, Item and Stats Any

Right okay, thanks. I’ll have a look to see which versionI have

Are you positive? I have all mods running on 1.3.1. The only one I don’t have is the 60fps because I don’t want to run my game in doubletime. image_2021-01-09_163316

All running fine. could it be that the 60fps one is actually incompatible with 1.3.1?

I’ve tried each mod individually to see if that was the problem but nothing works. Also the only difference I can see between my version and your is that mine is an xci and your is a NSP

I recommend re-ripping your game to NSP, I’ve not actually heard of XCI and don’t know if the mods support that file version. Someone smarter than me at this could probably fill you in on whether that is the issue, but it doesn’t hurt to try an NSP rip.

Yeah I probably will, thanks

I’m also on Yuzu-500, I don’t know if you’ve just freshly downloaded it or not but that’s the build I’m on (Latest I think).

hey im using the same pokemon sword version as you and am still having problems getting any mods to load. im using an nsp file, mod files are in the correct folders but i still cant get them to show up or load in game. mainly just want the wifi fix running

Even I’m using the same pokemon sword version everything is same but when I’m checking in properties its not loading

I have the same problem, but when I uncheck update 1.3.1 in properties the mods work then for me

Pokemon Sword (exeFS)

Wi-Fi Crash Workaround This is a workaround towards the crash when Y is pressed. 1.0.0 1.2.0 1.2.1 1.3.0 theboy181, Claude von Riegan
Force Max Resolution Forces the game to always run at 1920x1080. 1.0.0 1.2.0 1.2.1 1.3.0 theboy181, Claude von Riegan
Uncap Framerate Runs the game at a 60 FPS cap. Will be double speed at 60 FPS 1.0.0 1.2.0 1.2.1 1.3.0 theboy181, Claude von Riegan

1.3.1 60fps is availible now. I had been looking for this too. Thanks for this man.

Could you please share how to apply it? Thanks!!

Rename the txt file and enter the new extension pchtxt. then move the file into your mod folder.

The pokemon sword 1.3.1 patch is not working for me

how to add a new extension.Can you please tell

How to show file extensions in Windows 8

Step 1: It’s simple to turn file extensions on and off in Windows 8. Simply open a File Explorer window (the new name for Windows Explorer) and click the View tab.

Now check the box next to File name extensions . If the box is check, extensions will be shown. If unchecked, they won’t. This is the opposite way the tickbox works in Windows 7 and Vista.

Step 2: Right-click the file name and select Rename (or left-click and hold down the button for one second). Enter the new extension like so:

After entering the new extension hit the Enter (return) key. Windows will give you a warning that the file may not work properly. This is quite safe—remember that you can restore the original extension if anything goes wrong.

Well…what I get from this post is The game will play at double speed. And it will still show 30 fps on Yuzu’s status bar.
I was at 3 to 7 fps on normal version. It now plays at 30 fps at double speed after I got Early Access version and change to best settings for pokemon sword. Since my computer is old(9 years) it sometimes laggy little but I think this mods working much for me.