Pokemon Sword not launching and menu problems

So just a moment ago I was playing Pokemon Sword just fine with minimal crashes and all that but suddenly every time I open the menu button and click on bag, for example, it always goes to the save file option. I tried restarting the emulator, restarting my laptop, and updating my yuzu emulator, but nothing seems to work. Now, the game won’t go past the launching screen. I don’t know what to do and since this is my first time using an emulator, im scared of reinstalling my game in fear of losing my save files.

EDIT: I got past the launching screen, the problem that remains is the menu problems

I dont know if this will help since I cant put a video here

yuzu_log.txt (757.8 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                               yuzu 1205
Operating System                             Windows 11 Version 22H2 (Build 22621.674)
CPU                                          11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-11300H @ 3.10GHz | AVX512 | FMA
Graphics API                                 Vulkan 1.3.205
Graphics Renderer                            NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti Laptop GPU
GPU Driver Version                           NVIDIA 522.25.0.0
Host RAM                                     7.79 GiB
Host Swap                                    14.65 GiB
CPU Accuracy                                 Auto
GPU Accuracy                                 High
Docked Mode                                  [x]
CPU Multicore                                [x]
Async GPU                                    [ ]
Async Shaders                                [ ]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• Enabling Async GPU emulation is recommended as it can improve the performance of many games.

System Information for Support

Client Version                               yuzu 1205
Operating System                             Windows 11 Version 22H2 (Build 22621.674)
CPU                                          11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-11300H @ 3.10GHz | AVX512 | FMA
Graphics API                                 Vulkan 1.3.205
Graphics Renderer                            NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti Laptop GPU
GPU Driver Version                           NVIDIA 522.25.0.0
Host RAM                                     7.79 GiB
Host Swap                                    14.65 GiB
CPU Accuracy                                 Auto
GPU Accuracy                                 High
Docked Mode                                  [x]
CPU Multicore                                [x]
Async GPU                                    [ ]
Async Shaders                                [ ]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• Enabling Async GPU emulation is recommended as it can improve the performance of many games.
1 Like

Enable asynchronous GPU emulation and install a game update.

2 Likes

Like GoldenX86 has mentioned already, update pokemon sword to the latest version 1.3.2.
You have version 1.0.0 installed

1 Like

The menu problem still persists even though I downloaded the update file. Guess its time to start a new game I guess

My only other explanation is, that I assume you have that button mapped wrongly in the Controls configurations. Pressing the R in the main menu will open the save menu. Try to change that