Pokemon sword - Starting video freezes - Intel Iris Xe

Hi everyone,
I’m trying to play Pokemon Sword with Yuzu emulator.

I tried a lot of times but the screen freezes during the initial video (the one with Rose) and often when Charizard goes Gigamax. However, the sound goes on.

My notebook is new and it has Intel i7 CPU and Intel Iris Xe GPU. I’ve already installed the latest drivers for the GPU (as described in this forum).
yuzu_log.txt (230.1 KB)

I upload the log.

I hope you can help me :slight_smile:

Thanks,

Diego

That’s not the latest driver for it, use this: Intel® Graphics - Windows® DCH Drivers

Thank you for the reply.

I have installed the latest version but still not working.

yuzu_log.txt (297.7 KB)

Driver is still outdated. Try installing it manually with the Zip version, follow this, but only for the manual installation instructions, the rest is outdated so you can ignore it:

Intel laptop/prebuilt users with old driver versions will have to follow this video tutorial: The Integrated Graphics Survival Guide (with a Guest from 32Megabytes) - YouTube
Use iigd_dch.inf

After that, use Vulkan and see if it improves.
Plus besides that, increase your page file to 10000MB: Manage Virtual Memory Pagefile in Windows 10 | Tutorials

I did both things but still not working. The last time I run Yuzu with Vulkan and the other settings, when the video freezes, the computer completely stuck.
I had to shut down manually the computer.

I attach the new log.
yuzu_log.txt (192.6 KB)

The lack of a page file will result on that, and in this last log, it’s set a 0.02GB.
Make sure to increase it to 10 or 20GB.

I raised the minimum and maximum page file dimension to 20000 MB. Is it right?

Now, when the video freezes, it became blue and the computer stuck again.
yuzu_log.txt (209.7 KB)

Thank you for the patient.

This smells like unstable Intel drivers.
Try in NVDEC emulation in Graphics, to use either CPU decoding, or disabled. Please tell me if it improves, it could mean an issue to fix on Xe GPUs.

I’m not sure to understand what you wrote (sorry). Did you mean to try to play enable and disable “Use NVDEC emulation”? If yes, this doesn’t work :frowning:

I don’t know if it helps, but looking in the “Manage devices” in my PC, in the graphics drivers I see this error after the manual update of the driver (sorry, it’s in italian…).

Problema di avvio del dispositivo PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9A49&SUBSYS_87CB103C&REV_01\3&11583659&2&10.

Nome driver: oem209.inf
GUID classe: {4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Servizio: igfxn
Filtri inferiori:
Filtri superiori:
Problema: 0x0
Stato problema: 0xC00000E5

I tried again but the same error appears.

Can you post a pic of that error window?

I attach the pics. You see two sets of events because i tried twice to install the drivers.

Do you have the same issue when using the regular .exe installer?

I confirm. I tried to run it as administrator but still have the same problem with igfxn.

The error is quite different from that above. Now is “oem16.inf” instead of “oem209.inf”

Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9A49&SUBSYS_87CB103C&REV_01\3&11583659&2&10 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: oem16.inf
Class Guid: {4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Service: igfxn
Lower Filters:
Upper Filters:
Problem: 0x0
Problem Status: 0xC00000E5

I’m really trying everything i find in internet such as unistall the drivers and install those suggested by HP support page but nothing works…

There seems to be a conflict between the GPU and the driver, as if it wasn’t compatible with this particular model.
Can you give me the exact model of your laptop?

It is a HP Pavillion 15 - eg0001sl.

There seem to be some issue with this laptop and the official latest drivers. Typical HP.
Expect OpenGL to be unstable with Intel GPUs, only Vulkan will be playable, and for that, the latest drivers are needed.

Thank you for the support!

I opened a topic in the community forum of HP website. I hope they will answer.

I solved the problem!!!

With the HP support, I had reset the Windows and I had installed the last version of the driver from Intel site and now the game works!!!

Thank you @GoldenX86 for the support!!!

1 Like

Glad you managed to solve it!