Pokemon Sword White Screen Freeze after save

Log file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qBpzYNcbYWZywUt6FFfUoVoxuE44auUN/view?usp=sharing

Got a new computer and Yuzu works great on EA! Only problem I’ve run into so far is this: rarely, when I press Save in the menu, the screen goes white and frames drop to 0 (music keeps playing though). The save function completes, but I have to restart the game when this happens. 99% of the time save works fine, and it’s only happened twice, but I figured I’d start a topic in case it happens to anyone else.

Thanks for all the hard work!

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

And now it just happened after a battle (black screen this time)… crap lol. First time for that. Uploading start of the log so bot can display specs.yuzu_log_start.txt (10.6 KB)

Log is pretty much the same, except at the very end it says:

[6915.805123] Debug core\hle\kernel\hle_ipc.cpp:ReadBuffer:302: Assertion Failed! BufferDescriptorX invalid buffer_index 1

I can upload the full log if you’d like. Sounds like this one is a pretty common issue though.

System Information for Support

Client Version                                yuzu Early Access 681 HEAD-9d6746218
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700F CPU @ 3.00GHz | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                  OpenGL ?
Graphics Renderer                             ?
Docked Mode                                   [x]
Use Async GPU                                 [x]
BCAT Backend                                  none
GPU Emulation Accuracy Level                  Normal

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

System Information for Support

Client Version                                yuzu Early Access 681 HEAD-9d6746218
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700F CPU @ 3.00GHz | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 4.6.0
Graphics Renderer                             GeForce GTX 1660 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                            446.14
Docked Mode                                   [x]
Use Async GPU                                 [x]
BCAT Backend                                  none
GPU Emulation Accuracy Level                  Normal

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Pokemon games are known to be unstable with multicore on, test it disabled.

Hey im having a similar issue ive tried turning multicore off it still crashes after battles and after visiting the clothes store in game.

[ 283.399415] Service core\hle\service\sockets\bsd.cpp:RegisterClient:11: (STUBBED) called
[ 283.399467] Service core\hle\service\sockets\bsd.cpp:StartMonitoring:20: (STUBBED) called
[ 283.413936] Service core\hle\service\sm\controller.cpp:QueryPointerBufferSize:43: (STUBBED) called
[ 283.413955] IPC core\hle\kernel\hle_ipc.cpp:ParseCommandBuffer:155: Domain request has no DomainMessageHeader!
[ 283.414252] Loader core\file_sys\patch_manager.cpp:PatchRomFS:421: RomFS: Update (v0.3.0) applied successfully
[ 283.526521] Service core\hle\service\sm\controller.cpp:QueryPointerBufferSize:43: (STUBBED) called
[ 283.528372] Debug core\hle\kernel\hle_ipc.cpp:ReadBuffer:302: Assertion Failed! BufferDescriptorX invalid buffer_index 1

I tried Multicore off as well, same issue.

Here’s what worked: downgrading to a previous version of EA. Switched from EA 682 -> 669 and now it doesn’t crash. Must be something introduced in the most recent versions of the EA build…

If I have time, I’ll test to see which build I start having problems with, but if I had to guess, I’d say 681 is where it started.