Pokemon transfer from Pokemon X to Pokemon Omega Ruby

Issue:
I tried connecting the profiles of the two games with PSS for pokemon transfer but I figured it wouldn’t work due them being different games. Also when I was browsing through similar questions in the net, someone mentioned using PKHeX for transferring pokemon . I have it installed but what am I supposed to do?

System Information

• Operating System:
  • CPU:
  • GPU:
  • Citra Version (found in title bar):
  • Game:
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Actually, I think you can trade between the two since they are of the same gen. I would say give it a try. Steps:

1. Open 2 instances of Citra and log into your ID. You can do this by going to Emulation>Configure>General>Web then enter the token.
  2. On one of them(or both) change the console ID by goin to system rather than general.
  3. Now from one of them create a room by going to Multiplayer>Create room
  4. From the other, go to Multiplayer>Direct Connect to room then enter 127.0.0.1 and the password to connect. Make sure to change the username in one of them.
  5. Load one of the games in each instance and go to PSS. Then you can trade.

About PKHeX:

1. Open 2 instances of PKHeX.
  2. Go to Citra and Right Click on both the Roms i.e. the ones you want to trade between. Make sure the games aren’t loaded and click on open game directory.
  3. In each of the PKHeX instances go to File>open and then go to the game directories and load the main files.
  4. Now go to the box tab in each instance and just drag and drop the Pokemon you need to transfer.
  5. After this go to File>export save and click on the main file you had opened to overwrite it.
  6. Load the games and enjoy.

Refer to this for more info about using PKHeX:
https://projectpokemon.org/home/tutorials/save-editing/using-pkhex/

It’s generally not recommended to regenerate the console ID this way, as this could cause issues in some games that rely on this. It’s better to set up a seperate portable build for this:

Go to Download Citra - Citra and select Manual download. Then under Nightly Build, click on your operating system’s icon to the right of the latest build available to download the build.
Extract it (.7z can be extracted using Winrar or 7zip) (.tar.gz can be extracted natively on MacOS) and put it where ever you wish. Inside the extracted mingw folder, create a folder called user. This Citra should now store all of its config, save files and such inside of this user folder.
Check to make sure that this user folder is in the same folder that contains citra-qt(.exe)
Now run the citra-qt executable found inside of the mingw folder. This build should now have it’s own consoleID.

Since the portable build we set up doesn’t have any of our save data, we need to transfer that over first. Start up your regular Citra version, then go to File>Open Citra Folder and copy the sdmc folder found here. Now paste this inside of the portable build’s user folder. The portable build should now have all of your save files.

Now you should be free to start up the portable Citra build and your regular Citra build and have them trade with another to your heart’s content :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the advice I will abide by this from now onwards.