Pokemon Ultra moon Black screen when launching the game

Issue:
Enter a description of your issue here, in full detail.
Upon running my pokemon ultra sun/moon, it immediately becomes a black screen, i have zero idea how it happened, it runs smoothly days ago, i hope you guys would help me out on this issue please.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 8
  • CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-5200U CPU @2.20GHz
  • GPU: Intel® HD Graphics 5500
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly 1087
  • Game: Pokemon ultra moon
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.
citra_log.txt (19.1 KB)

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Please update your CPU’s iGPU drivers.

may i know how do i do that? sorry am not very good in computer stuffs hence i hope you could direct me.

just google it, first link, direct link. windows 8 may be incompatible though.

Thank you for the direct link, i will try to install it, but in the mean time I’ve tried to update my GPU drivers, but it says its at its at its best drivers already. and what if window 8 isnt compatible for the link you’ve provided? is there any other alternatives?

the intel utility and window update may only offer older drivers.

what if window 8 isnt compatible for the link you’ve provided?

try that one first, as it supports windows 7 which usually works for windows 8.
if it doesn’t work, the latest for windows 8 is this one.

It seems that the drivers is up to date already. I tried to download and they said its the same version.

the installer report that? if that’s the case, try uninstalling your current iGPU driver first. then run the installer again.

hi sorry for the late reply, but my ultra sun/moon still dont seem to work after reinstalling.

regenerate and upload your log again.

citra_log.txt (20.6 KB)

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

another issue im facing after the latest 1028canary and 1088nightly update is, whenever i hit the stop, pause or restart during any games, my citra freezes and stops responding causing me to relaunch the app again, do you mind assisting me in this issue?

Remember to disable ‘Enable Hardware Shader’.

Do that again, and upload your log again (to log why it crashes).

citra_log.txt (36.7 KB)

this is the log for the crash

I found some issues in that log that need resolving:

• Citra is currently utilizing open-source system files which may cause emulation to be less accurate, but not affect system stability.

To reply to the black screen issue, yes i did disable “enable hardware shader” option and it still doesnt work.

what must i do to resolve this issue?

remember that you must disable hardware shader before launching the game. do you remember which previous version of citra was working for you? do you remember the date?