Pokemon Ultra Moon freezes when entering first battle after obtaining starter

Issue:
Game freezes when enter first battle after obtaining starter. No problem with intros until I got my starter and enter the grass then the game freezes as shown in the screenshot below with the battle theme still playing.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 8.1 Pro
  • CPU: i5-4200U
  • GPU: GeForce 840M 4GB
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly 1136
  • Game: Pokemon Ultra Moon
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
citra_log.txt (737.6 KB)

I found some issues in that log that need resolving:

• Citra is currently utilizing open-source system files which may cause emulation to be less accurate, but not affect system stability.

Download and install the latest driver available from the manufacturer’s (NVIDIA) website.

I have updated the latest driver but the game still freezes when I entered battle in the first patch of grass.

run the game again and upload your log again.

citra_log.txt (899.5 KB)
second log update

I found some issues in that log that need resolving:

• Citra is currently utilizing open-source system files which may cause emulation to be less accurate, but not affect system stability.

that is odd, it should work just fine in your hardware, try disabling ‘Enable Hardware Shader’ before launching the game. if that fails redump your ROM Dumping Game Cartridges - Dumping Installed Titles

Well, I think this rom I got may be a lemon. I think I need to redownload/copy the game because redumping is out of the question because I don’t own a 3ds.

Piracy isn’t allowed here, if you need support you must dump your roms using a 3DS.

1 Like