Pokemon Ultra Moon Save File Overwrite

Hello,

I dont think this is fixable, but better be safe than sorry… So I was playing a randomized version of the game and then I decided to create another version of the game re-randomized to see what’d I get. So I thought by copying the 3ds file containing the game, and re-randomizing it would create a separate save file. I even put both of the 3ds files into different drives, but when I saved the new game that I started over, it overwrote my other save that was in the other drive.

I even did some investigating. Each 3ds file still has their separate randomized options but the main character is the same. I also figured out where the main save file was (the Appdata/Roaming/Citra one)…

I was just wondering does Citra create a new folder for every time you save (so I can go back to my old save) or have you fixed a problem like this b4?

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

it only creates a new folder if it registers as a completely different game, if it’s a romhack or something, then you could have the original, and two romhacks of that game on your computer, and the same save will be read by all 3, so you need to cut and paste the save you want to preserve, before trying to play any altered versions of the game.

So since both saves were Ultra Moon I needed to copy the save file b4 overwriting it?

copy/cut, yeah. tho from my experience, the save automatically shows up when you launch the game, so perhaps you putting the games on seperate drives caused it to not show up like it should’ve.