Pokemon Ultra Sun Black Screen

Issue:
I have been playing Pokemon Ultra Sun recently and I have encountered a bit of a road block when I was playing - the screen faded to black and the FPS is fluctuating immensely (1 - 45 FPS) . I went through some of the previous topics and couldn’t find a solution. I have disabled and enabled the hardware shader, but still no luck. The audio still works fine and the Rotom Dex seems to be normal too. I can look in my bag, save the game but I cant play. If anyone can help that would be great.

System Information

• Operating System: Mac OS (Bootcamp)
  • CPU: (I’m sorry, I can find it. I’ve searched it up and don’t know where it is :confused:. If it helps, my processor is 2.9 GHz Intel Core i5)
  • GPU: Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly 1310
  • Game: Pokemon Ultra Sun
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
citra_log.txt (831.1 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1295 HEAD-a546efa
OpenGL Vendor                                 Intel
OpenGL Renderer                               Intel(R) Iris(TM) Graphics 6100
OpenGL Version                                3.3.0
Enable Hardware Renderer                      [x]
Enable Hardware Shader                        [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Hardware Shader, Geometry Shaders             [x]
Enable Shader JIT                             [x]
System Region                                 [x]

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Install the latest driver available for your GPU, direct download from intel’s website:
https://downloadmirror.intel.com/28662/a08/win64_15.40.42.5063.exe

btw you must disable ‘Enable Hardware Shader’ before launching your game.

I downloaded the latest available driver for my GPU but the problem still persists. I have made sure that ‘Enable Hardware Shader’ is disabled before I launched my game.
What if I copied my save file from the ‘Save location’ and uninstalled citra, then installed the latest nightly version?

You can just download the latest nightly build manually, extract anywhere and launch citra-qt.exe, it will use the same files as your standard installation.

But i think that the problem here may be your ROM/Update, redump them and either reinstall or remove your game update:
Dumping Installed Titles
Dumping Game Cartridges
Dumping Updates and DLCs

I will try that now, but should I make a back-up of the save file to be on the safe side. I honestly have never re-dumped a ROM before?

Sure, backups are good, but as long as you don’t delete the %appdata%/citra folder your save files are safe.

I just re-dumped it. It still didn’t work. I don’t know what to do now. :confused:

WOAH WOAH WOAH. It just fixed. All I did was fly to another area, cus I still had my old save, and then POOF! Everything went back to normal. Thank you so much for your time and support, I’m sorry that it was much simpler than I thought. At least I have a new graphics card!