Pokemon Ultra Sun crashing in battles

Issue:
The game is crashing in battles, usually during the intro or, when an animation starts for an attack, or when a text bubble appears, it sometimes works for a little while but it always crashes eventually on one of these occurrences.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • CPU: Intel i7 8700K
  • GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Nightly #922
  • Game: Pokemon Ultra Sun

Diagnostic Log
citra_log.txt (146.7 KB)

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

enable ‘Enable Hardware Shader’, also dial down internal resolution a little bit if the issue persists.

Thanks but I’ve tried both of these things and neither helped.

Try citra canary, download it manually and extract in a separated folder. upload your log again after testing.

Here is the log file from the latest Canary build

citra_log.txt (114.9 KB)

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Disable ‘Accurate Multiplication’ and ‘Accurate Geometry Shader’ and leave internal resolution at no more than 4X. play it for while to see if it crashes. are you using any external app within citra? like MSI Afterburner or similar?

It still crashed with accurate multiplication and geometry shader disabled and 4x internal resolution, and no i’m not using any external apps within citra.

Here’s another log file, thanks for your help.

citra_log.txt (302.3 KB)

it’s really unusual for usum to present such problems nowadays, on which update version is your game at?

It’s the latest update

Anyone got any ideas? Still struggling with this. Even a fresh Windows install didn’t help.

I’m playing this game too, and after the last update it becames very slow. I placed the speed limit on 200% and many time the fame reach this speed, but after the update it barely reach 60%.
Hope they provide an update to correct this (I’m using Canary).

Did this ever get fixed? I’m having the same problem. I’m using the newest version but when I use bleeding edge it works but at low fps and speed. Please someone help.

Create a new topic and include your system specs and log.