Enter a description of your issue here, in full detail.
I reset the save data and it still happens. Something similar used to happen with
- Operating System: Windows 10 Home
- CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz 2.71 GHz
- GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
- Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Canary 1864
- Game: Pokemon Ultra Sun and Moon
- Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):
In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
System Information for Support
Client Version Canary 1864 HEAD-69ad9dd
Operating System Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz
Graphics API OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer GeForce GTX 1050 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version 456.71
CPU JIT [x]
Hardware Renderer [x]
Hardware Shader [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication [x]
Shader JIT [x]
System Region -1
Shader Disk Cache [x]
Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.
- You have cheats enabled. This might cause weird behaviour or crashes. Please disable them and retest if your game is experiencing bugs or crashes.
You should disable cheat and then restart citra (otherwise the cheats remain active). Cheats can cause a bunch of stability issues.
ooh ok, thanks! (By restarting do you mean reinstalling or just closing and opening?)
…restarting means restarting. It doesn’t mean reinstall…