Pokemon Ultra Sun Randomizer

Issue:
So basically I randomized my Ultra Moon and the game runs pretty well but while battling every other Pokemon or so, the screen freezes. The game continues, I can still attack and hear everything but the screen itself is frozen, I don’t know what goes on

System Information

• Operating System: 64 Bit PC
  • CPU: Processor Intel® Core™ i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
  • GPU: Intel ® HD Graphics 520
  • Citra Version 96c025e Nightly
  • Game: Ultra Moon with randomizer
  • Screenshot of Issue https://ibb.co/k6r7Az

Diagnostic Log
citra_log.txt (74.5 KB)

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

disable ‘Enable Hardware Shader’

It worked for a little longer at the cost of lagging a bit but it still freezes

does that also happens without the randomizer?

I’ll redownload the Nightly version and tell you

No it did not freeze, does this mean I need to randomize it again?

hard to know, while citra (and most emulators) strive to emulate “every single” aspects of hardware (i.e: if it happens (works, or not) on the real hardware we should address it), things like that are usually of lower priority to be addressed.

with that i mean, if the game boots, but randomly freezes because it has modifications while the unmodified version doesn’t, it probably means that the mod is working correctly and citra can’t emulate it right now.

you could try to randomize it again, but it may not work.

Alright, thank you a lot

Hey man, this is to update you. I’ve done it again without randomizing static Pokemons because it won’t be necessary and so far it’s fine

2 Likes