I’m playing through the game normally, however at a specific point Citra freezes and any action taken (trying to restart, exit, minimize the tab) is followed by Citra not responding.
- Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
- CPU: Intel Core i5 @ 2.60GHz
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
- Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly 1780
- Game: Pokemon Ultra Sun
- Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.
citra_log.txt (4.0 KB)
The log file is incomplete. Make sure you follow the steps carefully:
Open Citra, then go to
File>Open Citra Folder (Citra>Open Citra Folder if on MacOS) and open up the
log folder. Now keep that open in the background.
Launch your game and encounter the problem; crash/slowdown/glitch and close Citra if it doesn’t do so by itself. Do not restart Citra as that will wipe the log of important information!
Now upload the log file in this chat.
Sorry about that. Here’s the new log file.
citra_log.txt (2.6 MB)
System Information for Support
Client Version Nightly 1780 HEAD-ec7dc88
Operating System Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-11400F @ 2.60GHz | AVX512 | FMA
Graphics API OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version 516.94
CPU JIT [x]
Hardware Renderer [x]
Hardware Shader [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication [x]
Shader JIT [x]
System Region -1
Shader Disk Cache [x]
Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.
- Please enable the Vsync option if you are experiencing screen tearing.
- You have cheats enabled. This might cause weird behaviour or crashes. Please disable them and retest if your game is experiencing bugs or crashes.