Pokemon USM after loading error

Issue:
I open Citra, then open Pokémon Ultra Moon ROM and it starts normally, but then after opening my Save File the screen turn black, I can still hear the game but I can’t see anything. This never happened to me before, just after I updated Citra.

System Information
Windows 10

Diagnostic Log
citra_log.txt (56.2 KB)

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

disable ‘Enable Hardware Shader’

I mean, when I disable it the FPS goes down to 1/4

try the latest canary build for better performance.

I tried it on Citra Canary 960 and still 1 fps

You need to disable ‘Enable Hardware Shader’ and not ‘Enable Hardware Renderer’, make sure that the latter is still enabled.

it works but FPS is low, at least I can play it.

also disable v-sync for better performance.

still low fps, but its playable, thanks.

is there any reason for this to be happening now?

if i remember correctly this issue exists ever since GPU shader emulation was added (canary 408), and there was a recent progress that improved performance for intel IGPU users. what is your CPU?

Idk, how to check it?

Press Winkey + R type in dxdiag, a window will appear, in the first tab ‘System’ look for the field ‘processor’.

Intel® Core™ i3-7100 CPU @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz

That’s a good CPU, how much FPS do you get on average?

I dont know why but my FPS doesn’t go higher than 32 on Native Resolution and with Hardware Shader enabled, when its disabled, it goes to 24 FPS;

also, I installed Pokémon ORAS, and it works fine, unlike 7th gen games, that when I enter a battle it crashes. (with Hardware Shader enabled)

There is something really bad about iGPU performance that i don’t understand, your CPU has more than double of single threaded performance than mine. while i can use ‘Enable Hardware Shader’ on a game like USUM (AMD GPU), which usually does work around 30 FPS (some stutters during new animations), if i disable ‘Enable Hardware Shader’ i still get a little more than half of the performance, it goes from 30 locked (a little more than that unlocked) to ~20 FPS. AMD GPU’s aren’t that much better than iGPU’s (mine is low-end either way).

Hey @Adityarup_Laha @CodingKoopa is this normal?

also my PC is only 4GB RAM, I think that’s why