Pokemon X config Option

Hi, I’m new here so go easy on me.

Just read about a post that Pokemon X can run smooth in citra emulator but has some graphical issues with a fixed or edited config file. Is this true?

Nope. Pokemon X/Y are not playable yet. (Unless you get your saved data from your 3DS, but still then there are a lot of places where it freezes up).

2 Likes

Reminder that there’s the pinned “Known Problems / Typical Issues and their Workarounds” wiki topic. Please refer to that for info on most common games. Performance will vary based on CPU. Remember citra is still early in development so most games don’t run at full speed.

2 Likes

in all honesty people just keep claiming that config blah and unofficial build blah can run your pokemon 100% speed everywhere.

long story short the only config that gains you speed in citra is switching log to critical and it only gives you about 3% speed gain (if at all in some cases). sun/moon on the other hand can be patched to remove outlines which noticeably improves performance.

these are the only tricks for improvement, some other magic config , super duper secret unofficial builds that claim to magically improve your speeds in any game are simply not real.

the only other way to obtain a great speed boost is to upgrade your cpu to a fast and powerful in single core one, but these are really expensive so you’re better off waiting for citra to be optimized

3 Likes

man pokemon x & y and omega ruby&alpha saphire are not playable yet right ? cause they ask me for some dumb files

Pokemon X/Y is not playable, but OR/AS is playable. You have to dump system files from your 3DS: https://citra-emu.org/wiki/dumping-system-archives-and-the-shared-fonts-from-a-3ds-console/