Pokemon X crash after language selection

Issue:
So I’ve been trying to find a solution for the crash in Pokémon X, unfortunately i haven’t, im running Citra Nightly.
I’ve searched the Citra log file, it only showed “citra_log.txt.old” rather than the one without “.old” in it. I don’t know honestly… I have checked and enabled what was suggested from the bot for other users, I’m at a loss.

System Information

• Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
  • CPU: Intel® Core™ i7
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 360M
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Nightly 1678
  • Game: Pokémon X
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
citra_log.txt.old.txt (51.3 KB)

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

Been 11 days, did i do something wrong so im not getting answered?

I honestly can’t remember seeing your post. If I did, I must’ve forgotten to answer. My apologies.

Afaik your Geforce GTS 360M shouldn’t support OpenGL 3.3, which is what Citra requires to function. Even so, it’s not very surprising that Citra doesn’t function correctly on a nearly 11 year old laptop GPU. Even if it did work, I doubt you’d get playable fps with that old of a CPU --> It’s single thread performance is 970. Citra recommends at least 1800 for a good experience.

You could try updating to the latest GPU drivers available to see if that somehow makes it work, but I wouldn’t get my hopes up: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/112600/en-us

Oh i see, well then, Thank you for replying to me!
but just to make sure about that “citra_log.txt.old” thing, how can i get the one without the “.old” in it?
And yes i might try this on another computer…
So thank you very much for your time!

Is there no citra_log.txt file in the log folder? Only citra_log.txt.old.txt?

yeah only that file, i dont know about why, but does it have a relation with the rewriting of the file because i opened citra after the crash happened? or something else?

Usually the file is there regardless of whether something is written in it or not. But that might have to do with your PC being ancient. Unless we can produce it on more standard hardware, I wouldn’t worry about it.

I see… Tho i just want to ask about a minimal and tested PC for that almost great experience for playing on citra, if there are any recommendations in an already discussed topic then i would appreciate if I’d be guided to one.

There isn’t a topic like that as pretty much all modern PCs can run Citra with their hardware. The main issue with Citra performance/compatiblity comes from ancient hardware or AMD OpenGL drivers.
Meaning that in order to get decent performance in Citra out of the box, the only things that are recommened is either a modern Intel CPU with integrated graphics or an AMD Ryzen CPU paired with an NVIDIA GPU (because their OpenGL driver are the best for Citra). In this case ‘‘modern’’ meaning ‘‘released in the last 4 years’’.
For the absolute best gaming experience on Citra. A CPU with high single thread performance, coupled with a modern NVIDIA GPU will allow you to run Citra at it’s best.

Well then!
I shall look forward for that experience in the future! Thank you again for your time and answers!

1 Like

Try turn off Accurate Multiplication in the Advanced graphics settings in Citra configuration. Older Nvidia GPUs have problems with it.

Aplogies! I haven’t replied right away…
It surprisingly worked! (well the game runs between 15 to 60 FPS, has a few crashes, But to be honest it is bearable and expected from my old laptop)

But anyways, Thank you for that!

1 Like