POKEMON X crashes/freezes

Issue:
Pokemon hangs whenever I battle certain trainers and by chance encountering a wild pokemon, the game freezes but the sound still plays and the only solution for me is to load and save manually into the game whenever I encounter it. It worked quite well until I face a pokemon gym in shalour city where I need to defeat all the trainers before I face the gym leader. Easier said than done but the problem is the 2 remaining trainers in the gym gives me crash hence I cant progress doing so.

System Information

• Operating System:
  • CPU: i5 8400h
  • GPU: GTX 1050
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Canary 1762
  • Game: POKEMON X
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.
citra_log.txt (54.5 KB)
In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Canary 1762 HEAD-d0ca49b
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8300H CPU @ 2.30GHz
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer                             GeForce GTX 1050/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                            446.14
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [ ]

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

here is another log, again the music is still playing

[citra_log.txt|attachment]
(upload://aHGfD2aqUPqSLl4mDDp0lM3YVTT.txt) (63.7 KB)

citra_log.txt (74.8 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Canary 1769 HEAD-f40be3a
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8300H CPU @ 2.30GHz
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer                             GeForce GTX 1050/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                            446.14
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [ ]

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Seeing as there are save states in the log, can you try save the game normally then reboot the game and don’t load any state, just play from “Continue” and see if you still have the problem.

I dont usually use save states, only one time when i was trying how it works. I do always save using the in game save system then continuer in the main menu

Ill try to save using the in game save system then go to main menu without exiting the game then hit continue to try if theirs any luck, Ill update it right away

It turns out that once in game there is no option to go main menu rather before the title page you can access the menu not while in game. Please help

Upload your save file (right click on the game then upload the file to like Google Drive then link it here) and tell us the steps how to reproduce. I have GTX 1070 which is also a Pascal card with 446.14 drivers.

can i just link the save file here rather than linking it to my drive

here is the link to the drive
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/11Qdailh7bjP_eKgzueai4aCuwezYDgke?usp=sharing

Hm, you need to allow public access or I can’t download it. Also mention the steps to reproduce the issue.

Pardon, here again
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=11Qdailh7bjP_eKgzueai4aCuwezYDgke

Have you accessed the folder?

Yes, still waiting for the steps how to reproduce the issue.

Okay thank you very much, Im looking forward to this game tbh and this bug is a bit of a bummer not only for me but to the people having the same issues as well

So, how do I make it freeze? You need to tell me step by step. It is the fourth time asking you :stuck_out_tongue:

I start the game by simply using the continue button on the main menu, I dont usually use the save states by citra instead I use the pokemon in game save system. The freeze happens on specific pokemon trainers, it happens when I was challenge and stuck there. Same goes for wild pokemon encounter however it is random. Saying so I always save like 4 to 6 mins so that i can stop the emulation then load where i previously left of.

In the first few runs I manage to play it even tho I need to save and reload each time but in the sholour city gym I cant challenge the leader without battleling all of her subordinates. And turns out that 2 out 6 trainers have that bug and saying so I cant progress any further at that point