Pokemon x crashes in two simultaneous citras in same pc

Issue: PC Crashes when trying to open pokemon x in two citras in same pc.

I have seen many youtubers and in citra community about how to make another citra in same pc.I did the steps very carefully. But after opening pokemon x in one citra when I open pokemon x in another citra, it always crashes and both citras automatically stops or the pc get completely lagged (then I had to power off pc and then power on)

System Information

• Operating System: windows 10 x64bit
  • CPU: Intel® Core™ i3-7100
  • GPU: 3.90GHz
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): citr nightly 1630
  • Game: pokemon x
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

Go to %appdata%\Citra\log (you can type this in like Run which you can access by pressing WinKey+R on your keyboard) and upload both logs (just in case).

FOR ORIGINAL CITRA:
citra_log.txt (3.8 MB)

FOR DUPLICATE CITRA:
citra_log.txt (5.0 KB)

GL_VERSION: 3.3.0 - Build 21.20.16.4541
This driver is out of date. To update: Download win64_25.20.100.6373.zip (direct link) from Download Legacy Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10

Then follow this guide to install it: https://www.howtogeek.com/343287/how-to-fix-the-driver-being-installed-is-not-validated-for-this-computer-on-intel-computers/

After installing the previous driver, you should be able to directly install the latest driver using the .exe file: Download and install igfx_win10_100.9316.exe (direct link) from Download Intel® Graphics - Windows® 10 DCH Drivers

As for your the crashing issue, if it’s still crashing, please open up task manager before opening up both Citra versions to see whether or not your Memory or something else spikes up when you try to launch games in them. Make sure you can see the task manager tab when the crash normally occurs. Let us know if that shows something irregular.

I opened the task manager and both citras and opened games in both of them.In task manager it increases up to 65-69% of CPU usage but it lags or stop and shows thouasands of errors whet I open every time

1. Sometimes the screen becomes red completely and pc automatically restarts

2. Sometimes it shows citra.exe stopped working.

3. Sometimes it shows “failed to start 00000xdb12”(something like that.This is not the accurate file name)I dont know the accurate name but many of them shows up).

4. Sometime it shows opengl 3.3 is unsupported (then i had to restart pc and then the original citra works properly).

5.sometimes it shows " close program to save memory and then the original citra automatically closes.

I am TOTALLYfed up of these. **PLEASE **help me:(

When I asked about your issue internally, one of the devs commented that the 2 Citra’s crashing is probably a driver issue and that the issues you mentioned above might be a sign of hard drive/system corruption.

I’d like to figure out if there are any corrupted windows files that we can easily find and remedy. To do so, we’ll have to use the command prompt a bit. Therefore, I must warn you that you should not attempt this if you are not confident that you can handle this. Now that that is out of the way:

Type cmd into your search bar, then right click it when it pops up and select Run as administrator

Type in sfc /scannow and press the Enter key:
After that’s done doing it’s thing, restart your PC (Start → Restart)

Once your PC has restarted, open up the command prompt (cmd.exe) as an administrator again, type in DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth:

Press the Enter key and wait until it’s done (this may take several minutes), then reboot your PC once gain (Start → Restart). Now run the command prompt (cmd.exe) as administrator one last time and do another sfc /scannow, followed by a reboot once more (Start → Restart).

If throughout this process it gives off any other errors, please let us know exactly what the error says (a screenshot would be best).

Does this process deletes any data in pc?

No, sfc /scannow is used to scan and repear corrupted Windows files.
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth is used to do the same thing basically, but it does it in a different way than sfc /scannow to ensure that it can do the job when sfc /scannow can’t.
So it should only touch your Windows files. Though, whilst you’re going through these steps, make sure to not do anything else on your computer. Run the commands and then just wait until it’s done.

Ues I have done the process and no errors were found operation completed successfully

Now do i nedd to update graphics driver? (Is it mandatory?)

It is most definitely recommended. However, I would like you to post another log file now that you’ve followed the steps to see if they were applied correctly. Just launch Citra, open up the log folder, launch a game and play for a couple seconds, then shut it down and upload the log file without reopening Citra.

for original citracitra_log.txt (5.0 KB)

for duplicate citra citra_log.txt (625.1 KB)

i uploaded logs of both citras after playing. Do i need to upload logs after opening both citras simultaneously?(i mean when it crashes?)

GL_VERSION: 3.3.0 - Build 21.20.16.4541
You don’t appear to have updated your drivers like I instructed you to earlier: Pokemon x crashes in two simultaneous citras in same pc - #4 by SleepingSnake

Please do so.

I have tried to update the graphics driver when i clicked on igdlh64.inf, it showed thia info

Are you sure that you downloaded the correct driver? All the driver links on the pages that I linked are for x64-systems. Make sure to update manually using the legacy drivers first, before updating to the latest available.

Legacy driver means?

Yes that legacy one only I am telling. According to the instructions when I selected the .inf file in graphics subfolder,the message showed up.

Yes I have downloaded x64 files only.

I’ve only seen this particular issue pop up on older versions of Windows. Please type winver into your search bar. This should bring up information about your Windows installation. Please tell me which Qindows 10 update version you’re currently on.

My version is windows version 10.0 (build 10240)