Pokemon X freezing after intro

It used to not work, and apparently there was a ‘shared fonts’ error. To fix it I have to dump files from a 3ds, and I don’t have one (that’s why I use Citra on my PC). Now, it gives you the ‘system archive missing’ error, but the language selection and Proffessor Sycamore’s introduction work, and quite smoothly too, but the issue (apart from black squares on the male character’s face, which I don’t mind since I picked the female one) is that once he opens the door, and white light filters out, “blinding you”… the screen turns black. And stays black. I waited for a good four-and-a-half minutes.Is anyone going to solve this? Will Pokemon X ever work on citra? Does it, and there’s a way do run it? Please don’t answer very complicated stuff, I’m 12 years old and don’t know much about this. For the moment I got Sun and Alpha Sapphire working fine, so I guessed there wouldn’t be any problem with running it, altough I did expect a few glitches. Anyway, please tell me if there are any solutions to this and if there aren’t please fix this proble because I really want a Fennekin.

System InformationI downloaded X on [Moderator: piracy site name removed.]. Any other places to download it?

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • CPU:
  • GPU:
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Nightly build
  • Game: Pokemon X
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

1 Like

You need a 3DS to use Citra. Citra is not meant to completely replace the 3DS.

This is a known issue.

The game has freezing issues because it tries to upload its own DSP firmware.

Yes, when the DSP fixes are finished and merged.

See above. The only “fix” is to use a save from a 3DS to get past the intro, but the game will still have freezing issues that make it unplayable.

You need to dump your own ROMs from your own 3DS.

3 Likes

Open your citra>Emulation>Configure…>Graphic> then uncheck(disable) accurate multiplication.
Mine worked.
NOTE : the problem is : there is no audio

This issue has been fixed update the the latest canary build and install the AAC audio plugin