I recently downloaded citra to my Macbook Pro 15" late 2016 with the idea of playing Pokemon X. Upon first booting the game it was running at 30 FPS using x2 Native resolution, however, there was an issue with the audio not playing. I took a look at the settings and closed them not knowing what to do to fix it. When I decided to come back an play regardless it was running at around 2-5 FPS and is unplayable everytime I try to load it now.
- Operating System: Mac OS Monterrey 12.4
- CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i7-6820HQ CPU @ 2.70GHz
- GPU: Radeon Pro 455 2 GB / Intel HD grgaphics 530
- Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Canary 2189
- Game: Pokemon X US
- Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.
In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
citra_log.txt (51.7 KB)
System Information for Support
Client Version Canary 2189 HEAD-1d9485c
Operating System macOS 12.4
CPU Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6820HQ CPU @ 2.70GHz | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API OpenGL 4.1
Graphics Renderer AMD Radeon Pro 455 OpenGL Engine
GPU Driver Version ?
CPU JIT [x]
Hardware Renderer [x]
Hardware Shader [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication [x]
Shader JIT [x]
System Region -1
Shader Disk Cache [x]
Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.
- Due to AMD’s poorly optimized OpenGL driver, you may experience slowdowns.
- The CPU Clock percentage is not 100%. You may experience unexpected game speed.
- LLE Audio is designed for debugging purposes. Using this option will slow down your game. Try changing to HLE audio.
Citra>Preferences>General and select Reset All Settings.
So, it is running but it tends to crash and still has no volume when playing. Any Ideas? Thanks in advance!
That is most likely related to your MacOS version. Try downgrading to Big Sur and see if the issue remains.
So, I managed to fix the issue with the game not running. It is now working fine and the audio is working as well! I just wanted to see if there is anything that can be done about the open GL driver issue? The game has performance drops from time to time.
Thanks in advance.