Pokemon X Slow speed

Issue:
Enter a description of your issue here, in full detail.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • CPU: AMD Dual Core A9-9420
  • GPU: AMD Radeon R5 M420
  • Citra Version (found in title bar):
  • Game:Pokemon X
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

citra_log.txt (100.1 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1724 HEAD-19617f7
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           AMD A9-9420 RADEON R5, 5 COMPUTE CORES 2C+3G    | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 3.3.1
Graphics Renderer                             AMD Radeon(TM) R5 Graphics
GPU Driver Version                            23.20.15002.11
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [x]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• Due to AMD’s poorly optimized OpenGL driver, you may experience slowdowns.
  • The CPU Clock percentage is not 100%. You may experience unexpected game speed.

Is there an easy solution for my poorly optimized Open GL driver? I have been thinking about formatting my local disk. Please, I would really appreciate an asnwer.

The “easiest” solution would be using Linux. Which could be difficult for someone that doesn’t know anything about Linux. Reformating your drive and installing Linux one it would improve performance by around 3x in Citra.

Keep in mind that your PC’s hardware is a bit below Citra’s minumum specifications as well as your GPU being an integrated AMD one, meaning that your OpenGL drivers on Windows will suck ballz as AMD doesn’t know how to make decent drivers.

If that’s not an option, first reset your settings as you’ve been fiddling with them from what I can see. Go to Emulation>Configuration>General and select Reset All Settings.

Start Citra back up again and go to Emulation>Configuration>Graphics>Advanced Tab and disable Hardware Shaders, see if that gives you a performance uplift.

As a last thing to note, you’re better off not touching the CPU Clock Speed slider you’ve been playing with unless you know what you’re doing. Underclocking or overclocking can severely affect Citra’s stability. Overclocking usually lowers performance as well.