Pokemon X Stuck on a Black Screen

Issue:
Hello, I need help with running my Pokemon X file, it has worked before when I played it two years ago, but with Citra Nightly 1763-1786, it’s stopped working completely. Other games like Project Mirai DX and Animal Crossing: New Leaf is working fine, but both of my Pokemon Moon and X games don’t work.

Here are some of Animal Crossing: New Leaf Screenshots:

They also don’t launch and load the same way the two other games do. ACNL and Project Mirai would say “Loading Shaders”, but Pokemon X would immediately say “Launching…” with a full loading bar and go to a completely black screen.

Can someone please help me? I’ve had this problem since May of this year, and I still haven’t been able to fix it.

Here’s the old thread I posted back in May:

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i3-7020U CPU @ 2.30GHz
  • GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 620
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): 1786
  • Game: Pokemon X and Moon
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log

citra_log.txt (18.5 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                               Nightly 1786   HEAD-cbd5d1c
Operating System                             Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                          Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-7020U CPU @ 2.30GHz | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                 OpenGL 4.3.0
Graphics Renderer                            Intel(R) HD Graphics 620
GPU Driver Version                           30.0.101.1660
CPU JIT                                      [x]
Hardware Renderer                            [x]
Hardware Shader                              [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication     [ ]
Shader JIT                                   [ ]
System Region                                -1
Shader Disk Cache                            [x]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• Enabling Accurate Multiplication is recomended in certain games. If you are experiencing graphical glitches, try enabling this option.

I’ve also tried turning on Accurate Multiplication, but it’s still stuck on a black screen :c

same
citra_log.txt (32.9 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                               Nightly 1787   HEAD-e5da889
Operating System                             Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                          Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30GHz | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                 OpenGL 4.3.0
Graphics Renderer                            Intel(R) HD Graphics 520
GPU Driver Version                           26.20.100.7986
CPU JIT                                      [x]
Hardware Renderer                            [x]
Hardware Shader                              [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication     [x]
Shader JIT                                   [x]
System Region                                -1
Shader Disk Cache                            [x]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• You are running out of date drivers for your GPU. You need to install the most recent driver for your graphics card from Intel’s website. Support for Intel® Graphics

Have you tested out Omega Ruby? I just got ORAS, and it works fine. I wonder if it really is just the X and Y games?

Try running your pokemon x in a portable Citra build, to rule out most other factors:

Go to Download Citra - Citra and select Manual download. Then under Nightly Build, click on your operating system’s icon to the right of the latest build available to download the build.
Extract it (.7z can be extracted using Winrar or 7zip) and put it wherever you wish. Inside the extracted nightly-mingw folder, create a folder called user. This Citra should now store all of its config, save files and such inside of this user folder.
Check to make sure that this user folder is in the same folder that contains citra-qt(.exe)
Now run the citra-qt executable found inside of the mingw folder. If you encounter the same issue, upload a log file using this portable build.

This driver is out of date. To update, download win64_25.20.100.6373.zip from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28289/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10
Mirror download: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/28289/a08/win64_25.20.100.6373.zip

Then follow this guide to install it: https://www.howtogeek.com/343287/how-to-fix-the-driver-being-installed-is-not-validated-for-this-computer-on-intel-computers/

Now you should be able to install the latest DCH drivers directly:
Download and install gfx_win_101.3430_101.2111.exe from Intel® Graphics – Windows* DCH Drivers
Mirror download: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/746999/gfx_win_101.3430_101.2111.exe