Pokemon X/Y audio still broken on linux builds of Citra

Issue: Pokemon X/Y audio still broken on linux builds of Citra

Enter a description of your issue here, in full detail.

After audio patches for accurate audio emulation, sounds on Pokemon X/Y work well on Windows 10, but on Ubuntu the music and majority of sounds/in-game music don’t work, the game is playable though. Since the Citra version is the same, it bugs me why is there a difference when it comes to sound emulation, since the code is multi-platform and had no such issues before where it would behave differently on 2 operating systems. It is same for both cubeb and sdl2.

System Information

• Operating System: Ubuntu 19.04 beta
  • CPU: Intel i5 6600
  • GPU: Nvidia GTX 970
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Canary 1274
  • Game: Pokemon X/Y
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

I am also having audio problems with the linux version, but my game won’t even play with disabled audio. Have you done anything to make X/Y play without sound?

For me it seems to be completely playable, just music doesn’t seem to be working and some of the sounds, then again some of them do work. It’s a strange issue, since Citra always behaved the same among all the operating systems until now.

To my knowledge you will need to build yourself with additional packages. You can read more about it here: https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/wiki/HLE-AAC-Decoder

Thanks for letting us know, do you perhaps know if they plan to implement the feature with Flatpak builds in the future?

Sadly we cannot ship the HLC AAC decoder within Flatpak as that would be a violation of the AAC codec license to distribute it ourselves.
We’re looking into alternative ways to resolve this, but have not come up with anything yet.

1 Like

Oh thank you for quick responses and clarification!

I hope that you guys find an efficient way to find a workaround for the issue, great work overall! :smiley: