Pokemon X "your computer low on memory" notice after playing for 30-45 mins

Pokemon X Issue:
The emulator continually consumes memory until my pc notifies me with “your computer low on memory”

System Information

• Operating System:Win 7 64bit:
  • CPU: A4-5300 APU 3.4 GHz dual core
  • GPU: Radeon HD 7480D Integrated Graphics(board), nvidia geforce 210(card)
  • Citra Version Canary 115 (same thing happened when i used Nightly)
  • Game: Pokemon X
    citra_log.txt (297.3 KB)

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

I found some issues in that log that need resolving:

• Citra is currently utilizing open-source system files which may cause emulation to be less accurate, but not affect system stability.
1 Like
Pokemon x did not continue after catching a pokemon

• Citra is currently utilizing open-source system files which may cause emulation to be less accurate, but not affect system stability.

Continuing from your other post:

you have to test it using the latest nightly build.

my nightly build does not continue after catching a pokemon like what happened to my post about canary 1156. heres my log file (Nightly).citra_log.txt (248.6 KB)

• This game requires an audio engine that is not yet implemented in Citra.

• This game requires an audio engine that is not yet implemented in Citra.

Of course, my mistake, i forgot that you are playing pokemon x, which needs a feature only available on canary.

1 Like

while i play pokemon X on canary i am trying to monitor the process in the task manager and citra keeps building up the memory until it reaches like 95% physical memory and that’s there the “your computer is low on memory” notice appears. i tried playing other games on citra but the memory remains up to 30-35%. only pokemon x has this weird issue. is this a memory leak or something?

Probably, share your findings here. (include your log)

i’m gonna wait for a while until the issue i’ve been sharing about is fix in here. i don’t even know what they are talking about in the link you shared me with. i am not a coder of some sort and it made me more confused when i checked the link out lol :rofl: but for now i am using a Cleanmem software to clean my memory processes and cache to compensate for this issue :slight_smile:

lol, yeah something like that may mitigate the issue. that link refers to the feature that was added that allows Pokemon X to work.

edit: that feature was first added on canary 1129, you can try that build and check if this memory leak doesn’t occur.

1 Like

Cool! Thanks. If all else fail then i guess i should wait it out XD

Yo ! I have the same problem with Y

hey i have the same issue on win 7 currently at 3.5 gb in task manager for citra

yah I did the same thing last night. Only Pokémon X and Y.
I have 12gb of ram, mine was all the way up to 8.7gb used by citra. Won’t crash citra tho, only my pc

If anyone knows or has anything I should do or post… I can test and whatnot

i guess not. i tried playing other games on citra and the computer memory is just stable as it were. only pokemon X and Y has this issue. the memory consumption keeps going up until your computer gives you a low memory notice or citra will just crash.

1 Like

Don’t know how but I guess I edited my first post and replied to your most recent

we’ve identified the issue and a fix will be pushed for it hopefully within the next day. the new aac decoder now no longer needs extra steps to setup (like downloading those dlls), but is quite complicated codewise and caused a memory leak in windows code :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

awesome!! thank you so much for your hard work o/