Pokemon XY amie lag problem

Hi. I was trying using pokemon amie in my Pokemon X version. But it lags very badly. Rest of the game never lags. Also when I try using pokemon amie in my Omega Ruby version, it worked perfectly. It only lags in my Pokemon X version. What should I do? I know I have a low-end PC but all 3DS games works perfectly in my PC, I got over 30-35 FPS in my every game.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i3-5005U CPU @ 2.00GHz
  • GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly
  • Game: Pokemon X
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File

This is a known issue in Pokemon X & Y and Omega ruby & Alpha Sapphire. Pokemon Amie basically spams a bunch of instructions that Citra is bad at handling, leading to the slowdown. You can “skip” a bunch of these instructions by underclocking the emulated CPU, thus achieving acceptable framerate in Pokemon Amie, but this can also cause freezing to occur. So you can get more performance in that specific situation, at the cost of some stability.

If you want to try regardless, go to Emulation>Configuration>System and set the CPU Clock Speed to around 50-75%. If it starts freezing, set it closer and closer to 100% until you’ve achieved a stable underclock.

Keep in mind that every game reacts differently to underclocking or overclocking. It is hence recommended to set this value back to 100% if you’re going to play a different game.

Thanks a lot for your help!
I will definitely try that out!

Does running Citra on Linux reduce the lag? Some people said that this is an issue with AMD GPUs but seeing as OP uses Intel HD Graphics, I’m guessing running Citra on Linux doesn’t change anything and Pokemon Amie will still lag?

As I have told the other user, this is an issue with the emulation, not with hardware or drivers. As such, switching operating systems or GPU drivers doesn’t fix this problem.

1 Like

I see. My apologies, and thanks for the clarification.