Pokemon Y Crashing During Regular Play

Pokemon Y crashing while playing:
I’ve got a Pokemon Y .3ds file I randomized. Game works with no visual glitches except for occasionally freezing the file and making Citra unresponsive, eventually causing a crashing. Loading the save and playing on seems to work fine, though. I’m hoping the bot can let me know if I’m missing something obvious from the log file.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i9-9900 CPU @ 3.10GHz, 3096 Mhz
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Nightly 1721
  • Game: Pokemon Y
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

(It’s frozen in this image)

citra_log.txt (5.6 KB)

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Well, that’s unfortunate, hopefully someone knows if I’m doing anything wrong

Update: it seems just using any item when loading my most recent save state was a consistent repro for the crash. Loading from the game’s save seemed to have solved it for now, but I’ll bet I’ll see similar issues later

Does this same issue occur on the base game (without any ROM edits/randomizations)?

I’ve gotten a few more hours in, and haven’t seen a repeat. At this point what I suspect happened was that a savestate got corrupted earlier on. When I savestated on top of that, the corruption was preserved, but the game’s save/load system didn’t preserve whatever got corrupted, so when I eventually saved to the game and loaded again, that cleared the corruption.

I’ve been regularly saving and loading from the game’s save instead of the savestate and things seem to be fine. I’d check the original game, but unfortunately I’ve set it up so they both use the same save data, so that’d ruin my current run. If I end up testing that I’ll report back.