Pokemon Y: is there any way I can fix this?

Issue:
The game crashed and now I’m unable to do anything on it (see the screenshot). What do I do now?

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • CPU:
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Nightly
  • Game: Pokemon Y
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Also, is there a way to transfer saved state between laptops?

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Please follow the link to upload a log.

citra_log.txt (30.5 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1598 HEAD-b4ec50b
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-1005G1 CPU @ 1.20GHz
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer                             Intel(R) UHD Graphics
GPU Driver Version                            26.20.100.7463

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

GPU Driver Version: Build 26.20.100.7463

This driver is outdated, you need to update.

Download and install igfx_win10_100.8336.exe from: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29674/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?product=196588
direct link: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/29674/a08/igfx_win10_100.8336.exe

Save states are saved in the states folder, you can access it by opening Citra then File -> Open Citra Folder. You should just be able to copy the folder.

Remember that you should still save in-game normally, save states are not a replacement for regular saves.

Installed the driver and restarted the device, but I still can’t do anything in the game.
I had saved state a little before the game crashed, and continued playing with the state saves, but whenever I try to save the game, it displays this:

So I wondered if I could maybe replace the save file of the game with another save file, then continue to play using the state saves. Do you think I’ll be able to save the game after doing that? Please help.

If you are crashing while saving in-game, chances are your rom is corrupted and you should redump it using the guides below. Maybe even the update. Have at least 2GB free space on your Nintendo 3DS’s SD card:

I’m using a laptop, I don’t have a 3ds. Will this still work?
I would continue using state saves, but I will be forced to save the game when i defeat the champion, and the game may crash.
Is there anything else I can do?

Ask the person that dumped the game for you if you they can do it again. You need to at least own the game (in this case on cartridge since you mentioned you do not have a 3DS yourself) otherwise it is piracy which is illegal.