Pokemon Y save file corrupted

Issue:
Enter a description of your issue here, in full detail.

Hi there! I was playing pokemon Y but one day the game freezed and after few minutes it unfroze but the game file got corrupted. Ive been saving the game using the save state feature. Now I need to trade online but I cannot do that because my save file is corrupted. is there a way I can use my save state as my game save file?

Thanks in advance

System Information

• Operating System: windows 11
  • CPU: intel i5 1035G1
  • GPU: Intel UHD
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): 1753
  • Game: Pokemon Y
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
<
citra_log.txt (4.9 KB)

No game was booted in your log. If you are experiencing a crash then do not open citra again until after you posted the log as it gets purged when you reopen citra.
For more information, see How to Upload the Log File

Save states are not a replacement for in-game save files. They will eventually corrupt themselves if you keep saving save state progress upon save state progress. You should use in-game save files most of all and stick to using save states within single gaming sessions, not beyond them.

As for how to recover your in-game save data functionality, right click on your game in Citra’s game list (you may need to add a game directory for your game first for it to show up here) and then select Open Save Data Location. Go up one folder in the file path and delete both the 00000001 folder and the metadata file found here. Now start your game and load your save state. Now save in-game.