Poor performance in 'Kid Icarus: Uprising' on gaming laptop

Issue:
Kid Icarus: Uprising plays at a very low framerate - ~15fps when in a level, even at native resolution.
I’ve tested it on both integrated and dedicated GPU, with little apparent performance difference between them.
I’ve also made sure to update all drivers, disabled battery boost in GeForce experience, ensured that windows power mode is set to ‘high performance’, and ensured the laptop is plugged in.
Despite all of this, performance remains extremely poor, though task manager reports relatively low CPU (no single core is maxed out), GPU and memory utilisation. The laptop seems to otherwise perform well on most modern games even at fairly high settings, though I’ve only used it with Citra for a handful of 3DS games.
Any help would be appreciated.

System Information

  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • CPU: i9-9880h
  • GPU: GeForce GTX 1650
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Nightly 1697
  • Game: Kid Icarus: Uprising
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):
    https://imgur.com/yOdgBCg.png

Diagnostic Log
citra_log.txt (1.6 MB)

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1697 HEAD-b3cab3c
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9880H CPU @ 2.30GHz
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer                             NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                            465.89
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [x]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

You can try to underclock the CPU Clock Speed to around 25% in Emulation>Configuration>System. If that doesn’t help at all, the you’ll have to wait for updates to Citra that improves the performance on this.

I just managed to get it fixed. Turns out that I didn’t notice the vsync setting at first, but turning that off made it all run very smooth.

Thanks for the help