Problem after trying to fix Open GL 3.3

*issue:
I’m really new to citra, like REALLY new! I need help desperately…:sob:

So recently I downloaded a new display driver for my laptop, since it needed to be updated and I couldn’t use Citra at all because of the Open GL 3.3 problem… that it didn’t fix it at all. Me, trying to play IT person, went to find yet another solution to my problem. I saw this video, and thought it would help me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOV1JLMl5Jk

I did what it told me to do, and I downloaded the file that should have “fixed” the GL. I tried to load up citra nightly afterward, but this message appeared instead…

Citra doesn’t even load at all now… I don’t know what to do other than uninstall Citra (Which I don’t even know how to do.), but I’m afraid that I could lose my previous save data on my games or something… please help me fix this… is there anything I can do?

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 7 professional 64-bit
  • CPU: Intel® Core™ i5 CPU
  • GPU: Intel ® HD Graphics
  • Screenshot of Issue:

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

If citra was working previously it means that you don’t have an OpenGL issue, you can safely delete the citra folder on your screenshot and install it (or manually download and extract) again.

by default citra has its configuration files located on C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Citra\.

I’m not sure… Citra did work before, but something happened to my laptop and I had to get new graphics drivers because it had the basic display drivers. A lot of things didn’t work properly (including Citra, because of the GL 3.3 error). When my problem still wasn’t fixed when I got them, I looked for a cheap way to fix it…

But if I reinstalled Citra my save files still load? That’s really my big question rn or a way to fix my current Citra…

Thank you for responding to my post btw, I really was at a loss…

as mentioned above:

that folder contains all of your saves, updates, dlc, etc. as long as you don’t delete that folder your save files are safe.

The proper way to do that is to download yours drivers from intel’s website, just search online “your cpu name + graphics driver”, the first hit should be the download page on intel’s website.