Problem with the emulator

Issue: When i install citra after the first run of citra qt it disappear and when i try to reinstall it after it gives me an error
Enter a description of your issue here, in full detail.
when i install citra nightly or canary i can run it just one time then the citra-qt.exe disappear from my pc and if i unistall it from the control panel the next time i install it it says that he cant write citraqt it that directory because the access is denied. Seems like it has some problem installing citra-qt but i don’t know how to resolve. Tips?

System Information

• Operating System: W10
  • CPU: intel i5-6400
  • GPU: GTX 760
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): [Nightly Build - 9b92270]
  • Game: —
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Open the task manager and make sure that there isn’t any previous citra installer running on the background. if the issue persists, restart your computer.

i already restarted it but the issue it’s the same, when i install it the first time it gives no error but when i run citra qt for the first time and then close it ,it disapper like he delete itself

is your antivirus or windows defender displaying any warning?

I have only windows defender installed and it doenst show anything

another thing that maybe can help is that when i re-install it the emulator has the same configuration like language and the default folder where he finds game and save files.

i have no idea why would a file disappear like that but try manual download then, and extract on any folder you want.

edit: citra keeps its configuration file, saves, etc on C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Citra\, which any citra instance is able to use it.

Hi, i’ve got exactly the same problem. Any solutions out there ?

First backup the ‘Citra’ folder C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Citra\.
uninstall citra, restart your computer, download the installer and install again.
add an exception on your anti-virus (if any, including defender) for citra-qt.

see if that works.